(Good) retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
gundugundu said:
Wow! I'm sure he will surely make arrangement & do all he can if he had mistakenly sign off $18000. ;) Distance & hassle is not really an issue... its just an excuse :nono:

Sometimes getting someone to do the right thing isn't as easy as it seems. If a grown adult can't make the distinction between right and wrong after all this time, no matter what form of coaxing isn't going to make him change his opinion or his ways.

ricohflex said:
terence can keep track of this friend
and see what happens to him
not swallowing staples of course
but can be serious accident, dread disease, retrenchment, wiped out in share trading, etc....
perhaps NKF case is also an example...when one already has so much ($600,000 peanuts) and still needs to rip off the donors and sue others for telling the truth
people who feel they are so powerful, untouchable, invincible and become nasty and mean.
the one up there will teach them a lesson.

But serious accidents, disease, and other tragedies can happen to anyone, even to the good and upright. Gandhi, one of the most peaceful man and most undeserving of any tragedies, was shot to death. I have friends who have done no harm, but just lived their own lives looking after their families, but contracted deadly diseases and died terrible deaths, living behind their children and widow. One died of leukemea, and another of lung disease even though he didn't smoke. My father was basically a good man, and he died at 55 from lung cancer. Retribution ? I doubt it. It's just bad luck, which can happen to anyone.

hongsien said:

Danger is not from wax or watever, but from simple bacteria tat have while orgy sex ( really ! ) and multiply like crazy in our warm climate. After a few hours, you can get food posioning ! That's why you should be careful even if the food was not in plastic or styrofoam packaging, esp when eating chicken rice or vege rice, coz the food might have been in the display shelf for the whole afternoon already and is loaded with bacteria.

Terence said:
At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...

What goes around comes around.....perhaps it will happen now, perhaps it will accumulate before it happens, perhaps it will happen to your love ones, perhaps your children or family.......

The eye of karma sees your deeds and will make sure you get pay back one day.....

:thumbsup:

gd man gd deed gd cause....

Oh man... seriously... what goes around comes around... but what if u mistakenly signed the thing without realising that it was the wrong amt? hmmmmmmmm:sticktong

In Buddhism, retribution might not come in this life.

Terence said:
At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...

well i was told, your life before 40 years old is what you 'earned' in your previous life while life after that, is what you have done this lifetime (from born to 40 years old).

it's not no retribution, just a matter of time. if youre so lucky that the retribution doesnt fall on you, pray hard that it doesnt befall on your children.

i do, believe in retribution

ricohflex said:
don't fool around with retribution and don't take needless advantage of others

I applaud u for ur honesty...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But I think u read too much into the situation. I dun believe in retribution. But a person who does evil or wrong will most likely "get it back" one day not so much bcos of retribution but bcos it's hard to always stay wrong in a right society, esp in Singapore. (Doesn't this sound familiar with some MR DURAI?) And bocs there's an inherent greediness in humans... so evil doings tend to get bigger along the way, the probability of being exposed grows too.

I've seen good pple live poorly, God fearing people suffering and dying young. Life is probabilistic. But wat we can control, we do it to the best of our morals and ability.

If u had signed for the $88 Visa, life still goes on. Nothing special. Whether u are happy to earn that extra $ is up to your interpretation. Some feel shiok they made off with a good deal: Who cares about some salesman? Some feel guilty; others feel it's wrong. As for u, good moral habits say u did a commendable thing! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.