• Crafting with Filters - by Jon Chiang Saturday, 22th Dec @ Funan Showsuite 1:30pm to 3:30pm. Visit this thread for more information.

(Good) retribution


Status
Not open for further replies.

ricohflex

Senior Member
Feb 24, 2005
3,353
8
38
sing
#1
This just happened to me. This is for real.

In morning bought a packet of beehoon in office charity sale
did not eat as ate ither things and later
got other lunch function

decide take beehoon home to munch for dinner

on way home went to simlim square (2 hours ago)
bought a Sony Thumb drive 1GB
new young salesman mistakenly told other lady saleslady price was $88
(he was too new to be allowed to operate the credit card machines)
when she pased me Visa card to sign, I noticed the price was wrong
so told them it is an error, actual price is $158
I could have signed taken the stuff and walked
but did not
because very "chik- ark"
the poor young salesman sure get scolding, pay cut or get fired
the boss started scolding him a bit already, then I said 'small matter'
to cool it
redo the Visa and signed for the $158 actual price
they were quite appreciative, including the new salesman

so got home, bathed and start eating the behoon while surfing PC same time
LUCKY - discovered a metal staple in the beehoon just before putting into mouth
(must have inadvertently dropped into beehoon in office charity sale by someone preparing it)

imagine if I had eaten it
and it pokes my throat or intestine?
very painful
maybe no way to take out
except surgery
what saved me?

why and how come so lucky to discover it before eating ?

I believe in "yin kuo" or some call it "pao ying"
sometimes it takes years
sometimes immediate.

what would have happened if I had just signed $88 for the Sony IGB thumb drive and walked out of the shop, knowing it cost $158 actually?
maybe the new young salesman get fired
maybe I get into hospital in great pain for a long time with a staple poking my intestines

don't fool around with retribution and don't take needless advantage of others
 

Apr 18, 2004
117
0
0
#3
:thumbsup: Ups for your honesty!! That's great!

I agree that strange things do happen.. but luckily u manage to spot the staple.

One can never be too careful! (Do spare a thgt for all the dengue victims... none of them asked for it.. hope they'll recover soon)
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#4
ricohflex said:
This just happened to me. This is for real.

In morning bought a packet of beehoon in office charity sale
did not eat as ate ither things and later
got other lunch function

decide take beehoon home to munch for dinner

on way home went to simlim square (2 hours ago)
bought a Sony Thumb drive 1GB
new young salesman mistakenly told other lady saleslady price was $88
(he was too new to be allowed to operate the credit card machines)
when she pased me Visa card to sign, I noticed the price was wrong
so told them it is an error, actual price is $158
I could have signed taken the stuff and walked
but did not
because very "chik- ark"
the poor young salesman sure get scolding, pay cut or get fired
the boss started scolding him a bit already, then I said 'small matter'
to cool it
redo the Visa and signed for the $158 actual price
they were quite appreciative, including the new salesman

so got home, bathed and start eating the behoon while surfing PC same time
LUCKY - discovered a metal staple in the beehoon just before putting into mouth
(must have inadvertently dropped into beehoon in office charity sale by someone preparing it)

imagine if I had eaten it
and it pokes my throat or intestine?
very painful
maybe no way to take out
except surgery
what saved me?

why and how come so lucky to discover it before eating ?

I believe in "yin kuo" or some call it "pao ying"
sometimes it takes years
sometimes immediate.

what would have happened if I had just signed $88 for the Sony IGB thumb drive and walked out of the shop, knowing it cost $158 actually?
maybe the new young salesman get fired
maybe I get into hospital in great pain for a long time with a staple poking my intestines

don't fool around with retribution and don't take needless advantage of others
it's not only you who got the 'good effect' ... imagine you ate that bee hoon and get hospitalised, the office staff in charge of the charity sale gets into trouble as well, and may resent himself/herself for a long time. but do remember to drop the staff in charge of the charity a small note on food safety, for the good of everyone.
 

Terence

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2003
4,751
0
0
I'm a Llama!
#5
At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
 

burger

New Member
Aug 6, 2005
189
0
0
CCK
#7
Terence said:
At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
OMG

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

what goes around comes around :sweat:
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,464
0
36
VisualJournalist.net
#8
Terence said:
At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
This shows tt retribution does not affect everyone.

It's human nature to find a "cause" when something happens. If dead end, say "God" did it; solves everything.



.
 

ricohflex

Senior Member
Feb 24, 2005
3,353
8
38
sing
#9
AReality said:
This shows tt retribution does not affect everyone.

It's human nature to find a "cause" when something happens. If dead end, say "God" did it; solves everything.



.
have seen enough of many other cases involving other people to know retribution is for real
most likely the cashier got fired for the $18 watch
somebody lost his/her livelihood
so it is not funny
their children suffer
terence can keep track of this friend
and see what happens to him
not swallowing staples of course
but can be serious accident, dread disease, retrenchment, wiped out in share trading, etc....
perhaps NKF case is also an example...when one already has so much ($600,000 peanuts) and still needs to rip off the donors and sue others for telling the truth
people who feel they are so powerful, untouchable, invincible and become nasty and mean.
the one up there will teach them a lesson.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#10
Hmmm... AFAIK, it's not safe to eat packed food in styrofoam or paper foils after more than 2 hours. :sweat:
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,506
4
38
37
#12
espn said:
Hmmm... AFAIK, it's not safe to eat packed food in styrofoam or paper foils after more than 2 hours. :sweat:
SAF cook house rule. ;)
 

Mar 5, 2003
397
0
0
www.yellowturbanman.com
#13
Terence said:
At least you're more truthful than a friend of mine who walked out of a store with his new $1800 Tag Heur watch after signing the $18.00 credit card charge slip. No staples in his stomach as of today...
Wah... jialat lehz... your friend did not go back to the store to rectify the error? The store could have bring him to court for it.... it is obviously a human error. This reminds me of the HP laser printer case where an online store placed a wrong price tag on the laser printer & afew guys made bulk order of it & insist the online store honour the sale.
 

Terence

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2003
4,751
0
0
I'm a Llama!
#14
gundugundu said:
Wah... jialat lehz... your friend did not go back to the store to rectify the error? The store could have bring him to court for it.... it is obviously a human error. This reminds me of the HP laser printer case where an online store placed a wrong price tag on the laser printer & afew guys made bulk order of it & insist the online store honour the sale.
His side of the story was that he only noticed the error after leaving the store. He bought the watch while on holiday in Perth. I'm pretty sure some undesirable consequence came about as a result of this, but AFAIK, he's still in possession of the watch when I saw him last and not been asked to pay the full amount. What goes around, comes around. I'm sure this incident will bite him in the ass one day, in one way or another.
 

Mar 5, 2003
397
0
0
www.yellowturbanman.com
#15
Terence said:
His side of the story was that he only noticed the error after leaving the store. He bought the watch while on holiday in Perth. I'm pretty sure some undesirable consequence came about as a result of this, but AFAIK, he's still in possession of the watch when I saw him last and not been asked to pay the full amount. What goes around, comes around. I'm sure this incident will bite him in the ass one day, in one way or another.
Wow! I'm sure he will surely make arrangement & do all he can if he had mistakenly sign off $18000. ;) Distance & hassle is not really an issue... its just an excuse :nono:
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#17
jOhO said:
upz for good karma!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
right. upz for the good karma for the watch.
maybe it a retribution for the watch store owner that why Terence friend get it for $18.:sweatsm: :sweatsm:
 

Apr 15, 2004
405
0
0
#18
Everyone 'Should' perform good deeds without any any hope of good returns and rewards. Ricoh did a good job. Praise him for that. =)

For me, i dun believe in 'Yin Guo'. I believe that everyone 'should' perform good deeds and it is a responsibility.
 

Mar 5, 2003
397
0
0
www.yellowturbanman.com
#19
soma said:
right. upz for the good karma for the watch.
maybe it a retribution for the watch store owner that why Terence friend get it for $18.:sweatsm: :sweatsm:

LOL :thumbsup: That's another way of seeing it!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom