Good remedey for cold / flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drink lots of plain water. Have some rest. Watch tv or go read some books. In between breaks, drink some tea with echinacea. Hope that helps. Cheers!

PS: Don't forget to keep an eye at B&S as well. LOL!

If it's just the onset, half a glass full of Whiskey, nothing less than 12 years, single malt, neat, downed in a single shot will knock the cold out, or you, or both. Jokes aside, that remedy really did work for me :bsmilie:

Go Chinese medicine hall buy GAN HE CHA (甘和茶)
looks something like:
yhst-29559179335084_1941_968801

boil water, throw one packet into boiling water together with a few slices of ginger.
Drink while hot

There are some cold remedies you can get from the Chinese Medicine Stores. Alternatively, you may want to try to drink some boiled Coca-Cola with a few slices of ginger.

boil a few slices of old ginger with skin intact 老姜 with black sugar 黑糖

effectively provide comfort to the symptoms, but not a cure, so if sickness persist please consult your family physician

Rest, rest and more rest.

That's the only cure, as someone said here medication only supresses the symptoms, unless it is a viral flu.

There is no remedy for flu just drugs to suppress the symptoms. Drink water and rest best cure ;p

To add to that, take Vitamin C to build your immune system.. It will help to prevent you from getting it.

My fav: half-boiled eggs with lots of pepper...

There are some cold remedies you can get from the Chinese Medicine Stores. Alternatively, you may want to try to drink some boiled Coca-Cola with a few slices of ginger.

hahaha... i drink chilled coke (seems to help, sommore can enjoy the good taste)... and lots of water..

OTC (Over The Counter) -----> Clarinase. There is a new one that is long acting. Need only to take once a day. At least it helps me in the night.

Hope u get better soon.

Cheers

good hot strong teh hailia

2nd to this remedy :thumbsup:

I go to Mr Teh Tarik at China Square for this concoction. Ask for extra-strength halia.;)

normally i would force myself to exercise and work up a sweat. then it's water/vitamin c/sleep all the way.

a peg of whiskey or brandy. Guaranteed to work, at least on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.