Good remedey for cold / flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazmee

May 9, 2004
Sengkang
noorhazmee.com
Drink lots of plain water. Have some rest. Watch tv or go read some books. In between breaks, drink some tea with echinacea. Hope that helps. Cheers!

PS: Don't forget to keep an eye at B&S as well. LOL!

Gunbucker

Sep 14, 2005
East Coast
sanzaw.smugmug.com
If it's just the onset, half a glass full of Whiskey, nothing less than 12 years, single malt, neat, downed in a single shot will knock the cold out, or you, or both. Jokes aside, that remedy really did work for me :bsmilie:

gryphon

Jan 20, 2003
Dry cabinet!
Visit site
Go Chinese medicine hall buy GAN HE CHA (甘和茶)
looks something like:

boil water, throw one packet into boiling water together with a few slices of ginger.
Drink while hot

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
There are some cold remedies you can get from the Chinese Medicine Stores. Alternatively, you may want to try to drink some boiled Coca-Cola with a few slices of ginger.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
boil a few slices of old ginger with skin intact 老姜 with black sugar 黑糖

effectively provide comfort to the symptoms, but not a cure, so if sickness persist please consult your family physician

Dec 9, 2005
Rest, rest and more rest.

That's the only cure, as someone said here medication only supresses the symptoms, unless it is a viral flu.

lsisaxon

Nov 29, 2004
There is no remedy for flu just drugs to suppress the symptoms. Drink water and rest best cure ;p
To add to that, take Vitamin C to build your immune system.. It will help to prevent you from getting it.

Oct 26, 2006
toa payoh
There are some cold remedies you can get from the Chinese Medicine Stores. Alternatively, you may want to try to drink some boiled Coca-Cola with a few slices of ginger.
hahaha... i drink chilled coke (seems to help, sommore can enjoy the good taste)... and lots of water..

eng_keow

Oct 8, 2004
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
OTC (Over The Counter) -----> Clarinase. There is a new one that is long acting. Need only to take once a day. At least it helps me in the night.

Hope u get better soon.

Cheers

Clown

Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
Singapore
normally i would force myself to exercise and work up a sweat. then it's water/vitamin c/sleep all the way.

kongos

Aug 27, 2004
a peg of whiskey or brandy. Guaranteed to work, at least on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom