Good Re-chargerable Batt for Pentax k-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzzdown

Jan 12, 2010
Thanks for all the recommendation from the friendly bros here, i have decide to get my hand on a k-x!! :cool: Which brand of re chargeable batt are u using? Any brand/spec can maximizes the use of k-x? Thanks.

Thanks for all the recommendation from the friendly bros here, i have decide to get my hand on a k-x!! :cool: Which brand of re chargeable batt are u using? Any brand/spec can maximizes the use of k-x? Thanks.

I strongly suggest (based upon personal experience) that you use a brand new set of 4xAA Sanyo Eneloops exclusively for the K-x.

Cause i intend to buy the k-x in taiwan and this afternoon i got call the camera shop and they said that the package only come with disposable batt.

And if i buy the 8G package, it'll include a rechargeable batt set and etc... :confused:

The camera comes with 4 Lithium batteries as part of factory package.
However, there was an Emjay promotion package that included a sanyo charger plus 4 eneloop batteries and an 8GB SD card. Not sure if the bundle still on. You may want to ask around. :)

Get the Sanyo eneloop. Trust me you will not find better ones than eneloop. The low self discharge will save you a lot of trouble AND money.

Some websites do claim that the sony ones are eneloop-oem.

I'd say go for Sanyo Eneloops, or any reputable LSD NiMHs.
But there's really no hurry to buy, the lithiums that come with the DSLR will last you a while. Of course, you will need to get an SD card first..

I'd say go for Sanyo Eneloops, or any reputable LSD NiMHs.
But there's really no hurry to buy, the lithiums that come with the DSLR will last you a while. Of course, you will need to get an SD card first..

wabbit, how many shots do you get from your k-x with fully charged eneloops?

No idea, I haven't tried draining a set all the way yet. I typically recharge after a long session.. or several short ones. So far haven't even seen it hit orange yet...

:sweat: Can only find Sanyo quick charge that support 110V in Taiwan. hehe... but manage to get the SONY quick charge which support 110v to 220v. So i shall get the sony cycle energy.

Whatever batteries you get, buy a good charger for them. I have learned my lesson. I thought some of my batteries were faulty until I bought a good charger from East Gear. Then I realised that it was those 'branded' chargers that was under performing.

:sweat: Can only find Sanyo quick charge that support 110V in Taiwan. hehe... but manage to get the SONY quick charge which support 110v to 220v. So i shall get the sony cycle energy.

If you are coming back to Singapore in the very near future, I'd suggest waiting and buying a universal voltage Sanyo Eneloop Quick Charger Kit (with 4xAA NiMH 2000 mAh batteries included.) It is available between SG $35 to $41 easily.

Now, if you are wanting the very best in chargers and batteries... simply pick up the Sony Eneloop batteries and head down to either Funan or East Gear in Singapore and pick up one of the several Maha models of chargers. Believe me... there is a lot of difference between the Sanyo (decent performance) and Maha (super performance) brands currently available.

The Maha range of charges are presently available from between $50 to $130, if I am not mistaken.

Take a look at www.eastgear.com OR www.mahaenergy.com for more info.

wabbit, how many shots do you get from your k-x with fully charged eneloops?

If you refer to my post in the battery thread, I have experienced 1000 shots for a fully charged pair of eneloops (using slow 4 hr charge, not the 1 hr fast charge). Mostly routine shots with a smattering of flash shots for backlit situations and the occasional LV for movie recording. :)

Wah... so the charger also play a part in batt power, so quick charge better or 4-8long charge type one? May i know where to get the $35 sanyo batt set, haha.. u got special lobang? i going back soon in 2-3 weeks time. :)

Available between $35 and $41 at many places all over Singapore! Especially in camera shops when you buy a camera... they give you a slight discount on further accessories!! Try Alan Photo - Funan first!!

Wah... so the charger also play a part in batt power, so quick charge better or 4-8long charge type one? May i know where to get the $35 sanyo batt set, haha.. u got special lobang? i going back soon in 2-3 weeks time. :)

That's because "quick" charger works because they use a higher current and stop at around 80-90% of maximum charge. If you use a slow charger, then will it actually charge to the maximum capacity. :)

Also remember this important fact... if your slow charger does not use an internal timer... it can easily overcharge your batteries. Too much overcharging is also bad for battery life.

Many years ago, when smart chargers weren't around, I made it a point to first set an alarm on my watch or phone to remind me when I should switch off the chargers... only then did I insert the batteries. This habit made it easy for me to never forget that I had put some batteries for charging.

That is why I prefer reputed brand smart chargers with independent charging channels. Pays for itself by prolonging battery life + gives you hassle free charging. Batteries also do not tend to leak or explode with smart chargers because the good ones also sense the temperature of the batteries... if the charging terminals get too hot, the charging automatically cuts off.

Most of the Sanyo chargers are mid-range chargers which may have none or just some of the features of a good smart charger... keep this in mind.

get sanyo eneloops, or maha powerex imedions.

for charger, go for maha from eastgear.

the travel charger (i think it is one hour) has a refresh/rejuvenate function, and will not dig a hole into your pocket.

Do check out this one... MAHA MH-C401FS CHARGER

http://www.eastgear.com/batteries-chargers/maha-mh-c401fs-charger-with-4-aa-imedion.html

Great value for money when compared to the Sanyo Quick Charger offered as a promotional deal by Pentax (Emjay), Singapore.

I can swear by this model personally... been using it for quite some time now... and actually went out and bought another one so that I could charge 8 batteries at one go simultaneously!

This is in spite of my having had quite a collection of other good branded chargers (some slow ones, some timer based and other not-as-smart ones!)... all of these are now in hibernation in some forgotten box somewhere in my house!

I won't even suggest the Maha MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger... an absolute overkill... but a device that I also swear by occasionally when it comes to analyzing and re-conditioning batteries!

What's more... if I remember correctly, these Maha chargers come with a three year local Singapore warranty offered directly by EastGear, Singapore.

From my own experience, the MAHA MH-C401FS CHARGER
is a better one than the Sanyo charger which came together with the Kx.

Status
Not open for further replies.