Good Printing areas in the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Ever since Digipro closed down I still haven't found a place to do my printing. I live in Changi so it's rather difficult for me to travel down to Aspario Labs, which seems to provide a similar standard of service and print quality(i don't know cos I've never tried) but is located miles away. I'm not keen on travelling 2 hours(round trip) just to send in photos for printing so can anyone recommend me a good printing lab in the East? Anywhere from city hall to pasir ris is cool.

Information like price and bulk price(if any) would be helpful too. I'm only interested in printing S8R and S10R sizes.

TIA!

Stoned said:
Ever since Digipro closed down I still haven't found a place to do my printing. I live in Changi so it's rather difficult for me to travel down to Aspario Labs, which seems to provide a similar standard of service and print quality(i don't know cos I've never tried) but is located miles away. I'm not keen on travelling 2 hours(round trip) just to send in photos for printing so can anyone recommend me a good printing lab in the East? Anywhere from city hall to pasir ris is cool.

Information like price and bulk price(if any) would be helpful too. I'm only interested in printing S8R and S10R sizes.

TIA!

KT's not very far from City Hall isn't it? :)

Anyway bus service no. 2 from Changi Village stops directly outside Chinatown which is next to KT.

Do you mean Chinatown station? I'm not very sure exactly where KT is sorry :sweat:, i've only heard about it. How much do they charge for S8R prints and do they have bulk prices?

Aspario is good.

well, u can start buy searching for fuji labs around changi....then go and test prints

the problem with most labs is that they have terrible prices for S8R and S10R prints. 4Rs are not a problem to print as most places are decent. I usually print 10-20 larger sized prints at one go so hopefully somewhere that can offer me a better price than say like $6 a print would be certainly more attractive. I miss Digipro! They used to have S8Rs at $2 :cry:

Stoned said:

TIA!

Hi,

I know of one, good and also provide delivery service.

It's Colour ZOne Photo Finish
Blk 292 Yishun St.22 #01-263
Tel : 67526403 Look for Chin Yong

theres one fotohub that i am going to try heard its at beach road there but its very near to bugis mrt station ... i stay in pasir ris and can say that i had try a few printing lab and quite give up hope on them already :(

Is this pro work? if not, the new generation photo printers are great for S8 and above prints. Much cheaper too.

Stoned said:
the problem with most labs is that they have terrible prices for S8R and S10R prints. 4Rs are not a problem to print as most places are decent. I usually print 10-20 larger sized prints at one go so hopefully somewhere that can offer me a better price than say like $6 a print would be certainly more attractive. I miss Digipro! They used to have S8Rs at $2 :cry:

Recently went to a nearby Fiju lab due to urgent need (No time to travel to KT or Grace :cry: ). They charge me $8 :bigeyes: for each copy of S8R print. Quality not too good too. :angry:

You can try Grace Digital Lab. They have pick up and delivery service (min 100 pieces).

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=49923&highlight=Grace

Java_Guru said:
Is this pro work? if not, the new generation photo printers are great for S8 and above prints. Much cheaper too.

It's not pro work, but I do enjoy quality prints. I have a photo printer, but the colours aren't even close to what I get at a lab. Even the BnW prints I make at labs look way better than what I can produce at home.

I had to print one S8R urgently at a KM lab in parkway today, $5, hope the quality is at least somewhat decent.

fundee--> How can I contact Just For You?

Fotohub replaced RGB colour didn't it? I figure if im gonna travel that far, I might as well go down to KT. I probably will do that as it seems to be the best option now. I reckon if somebody were to open a printing lab in the east they would get a fair amount of business, considering all the easties here.

oh dear..the KM lab @ PP? That's the poorest of the lot in that zone.

The Kodak one opposite it is better.

PS : the fuji one in the next building(Maybank) is clueless but I haven't tried it actually. Just asked a few questions and I left.

Stoned said:
I miss Digipro! They used to have S8Rs at $2 :cry:

Well, hard to find good labs at cheap prices. You can try the other shop along the same row as Digipro, apparently they're one of the best around, but be prepared to pay premium.

There are some labs that can do a good job but remain around $3-3.50 per S8R because quality is really there, provided you give them very high volume of 80+ pieces. 20+ is not a lot, frankly speaking.

Charging S8Rs at $2, explains why Digipro is gone.

Stoned said:
It's not pro work, but I do enjoy quality prints. I have a photo printer, but the colours aren't even close to what I get at a lab. Even the BnW prints I make at labs look way better than what I can produce at home.

The Epson K3 pro printer are definitely the way to go for B&W prints now. Not only are the B&W dead neutral, and I mean dead neutral under different lightings, but I get denser blacks and depth. Have sent my B&W prints to different labs to print, either from negative or digital file, none of them could get anything close to what I get on the k3 ink printer.

In fact, some folks have been sending their exhibition and fine art prints for me to print and they're very happy with the results and even commented that the prints are very closed to what they get in the dark room.

Even colours on matt paper rivals those in labs now. A lot of bridal studios have been printing on ink jet for that reason ;)

canturn said:
The Epson K3 pro printer are definitely the way to go for B&W prints now. Not only are the B&W dead neutral, and I mean dead neutral under different lightings, but I get denser blacks and depth. Have sent my B&W prints to different labs to print, either from negative or digital file, none of them could get anything close to what I get on the k3 ink printer.

In fact, some folks have been sending their exhibition and fine art prints for me to print and they're very happy with the results and even commented that the prints are very closed to what they get in the dark room.

Even colours on matt paper rivals those in labs now. A lot of bridal studios have been printing on ink jet for that reason ;)
Try FotoStation (Kodak Prints)
Blk58 #01-57 Marine Terrace
S440058 Tel: 64431391 Mr Wong.

Nvr did my prints anywhere else. Tell him that you want exactly and what you are looking for in your prints. I have a whole stack of Free 8R prints from d/p films in the past ... I think its like $6 / 8 for 8R/S8R. Ask him to quote you on bulk prints.

Stoned, Canturn and Mervin420 have a good point there. Foto Station is not bad, esp if you do not mind Kodak paper prints. Alternatively, there is always the good (but lower-profile) Fuji frontier labs like TripleD (Burlington Sq) or Aspario (Sennett Est). IMO, KT is overrated.

If you want to give TripleD a try I will be going there this Sunday afternoon and next Tue evening. Drop me a PM and maybe can arrange to meet up and bring you there.

FYI, I print large volumes. But I'm also a darn fussy customer. The lab that does my prints has to calibrate very often, ensure my prints are color consistent, put up with my occasional odd sizes, and get my prints out fast (24hr for 2500x6R)... and don't lose my media. The ones I work with currently deliver all that.

Good things don't come cheap, cheap things don't usually come good ;)

So far, Beautiful Memories has managed to deliver and I only print metallic paper with them. $16 for a S8R kodak metallic paper I think. But if you want to impress your clients, esp those who are willing to pay, you will be dead sure they'll take great care of the prints that you do for them. Even printing in bulk, it is still $16 a piece...

At $16 per S8R, you'll have to make sure your fees are high enough man ;)

Hmm i used to print at fotostation and was getting S8R at $4 at the best point. After that I transferred to Digipro because I preferred the Fuji Frontier prints.

Canturn -> I'm aware that 20+ isn't a lot. Currently my shooting career is on a hiatus because of schoolwork and the big exams this year, so I'm not quite able to work and chalk up more large orders. Small time printing this year. And darn for $16, I would indeed increase my prices by quite a bit. What does metallic paper do btw, I'm not experienced enough to know about it yet. Have dropped you a PM regarding your prints. Thanks.

Azure -> Have dropped you a PM regarding Triple D. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.