Good place to make spectacles

Yoricko

May 25, 2008
Singapore
Looking for a reliable place to make a new pair of spectacle.

Is it worth it to get Zeiss/Nikon/etc lenses for spectacles? I hear the anti-smudge coating works to an extent...

Looking for a reliable place to make a new pair of spectacle.

Is it worth it to get Zeiss/Nikon/etc lenses for spectacles? I hear the anti-smudge coating works to an extent...

i heard from my previous optician that the zeiss has some QC issues. the Nikon would be better, but the RX series are very, very pricey

Now that you mention it ....

Anyways I stay around south/central ..

Avoid spectacle shops with 30+ outlets.
These are useless.
Ever spoke to one so-called manager in one of these in Suntec. The fellow is more like a gangster in nice clothing, who knows NOTHING about optometry.

Get Zeiss, you will also get the "POP" effect. LOL

Actually Crizal is just the nano coating. Zeiss also have but they call it Lotutec. They are both similar.

Glare proof, smudge proof, scratch proof, dust proof, water droplets proof are what they claimed. So far other than the water droplets, which I'm not really sure about, the others seems to be true when compared to my other glasses.

Glare proof, smudge proof, scratch proof, dust proof, water droplets proof are what they claimed. So far other than the water droplets, which I'm not really sure about, the others seems to be true when compared to my other glasses.

ok, sounds good, how much did it cost (exclude the spec frame)?

Avoid spectacle shops with 30+ outlets.
These are useless.
Ever spoke to one so-called manager in one of these in Suntec. The fellow is more like a gangster in nice clothing, who knows NOTHING about optometry.

Spectacle Hut? :eek:

i buy my contact lenses from them!

so you're saying that you're an optometrist?

Did not say any name.

But since someone else did, Google reveals others have extremely bad opinions of the named.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopi...mely-poor-service-received-spectacle-hut.html

Review of Spectacle Hut – Unprofessional « Little Chilli-Padi

These are some of the MUCH better ones:

Edward J Benjamin Pte Ltd
Paragon Shopping Centre

C C Chui Optical Co
Orchard Towers

Federal Optik Pte Ltd
176 Orchard Rd

B.S. Moey-Chong Optometrist
Funan Centre

Seems like Crizal is gaining popularity...may give it a try soon. (thinking of replacing my current scratched specs)

I use Zeiss frames and lenses from Eversharp in Shaw Centre. Not the cheapest but very good service and professional. Look for Vincent.

SkyStrike said:
Seems like Crizal is gaining popularity...may give it a try soon. (thinking of replacing my current scratched specs)

Lousy! Extreme colour aberration. Oh yes my eyes can see.

Paris Miki. I like the standard there. Because they are Japan company, they can get lens directly from Japan that even regional Nikon don't carry them. I have my previous lenses from Paris Miki, later when I tried to use back the same lenses from another shop, they can't get back the lenses, even Nikon in Singapore don't know that such type of lenses exist. Try Nikon Relaxsee, extremely wide FOV for accuracy, even crizal can't match up.

Lousy! Extreme colour aberration. Oh yes my eyes can see.

I think I just go to the shop and ask that guy to recommend :p been doing that since I got my first specs...

*It's only recently that I feel that my current specs have abit of "warm color cast"*