Good place to make spectacles

SkyStrike said:
I think I just go to the shop and ask that guy to recommend :p been doing that since I got my first specs...

*It's only recently that I feel that my current specs have abit of "warm color cast"*

Warm cast? Wow... Never heard. You sure yours is not tinted "yellow" haha.... Maybe is the plastic aging and changing colour? I have one very very old lens are indeed their colour look yellowish versus a new pair.

Last edited:
Probably I be gettin NIKON lens.. nano coated if possible

Warm cast? Wow... Never heard. You sure yours is not tinted "yellow" haha.... Maybe is the plastic aging and changing colour? I have one very very old lens are indeed their colour look yellowish versus a new pair.

sry, bad choice of word + explanation on my part, it's the aging plastic causing the color "tinting"... I only took notice of that very recently when looking at the LCD screen with my specs on and off. Noticed that the "tempreture" is abit warmer. lol

About time I get a new pair also...the lens is scratched and the frame is corroding at the side already *sigh*

Is easier to shoot with contacts lens rather than spec. You can consider tat ..

i heard from my previous optician that the zeiss has some QC issues. the Nikon would be better, but the RX series are very, very pricey

Is there any "Canon" series available? Will surely support one! Need to change my glasses now.

Have been a customer with this shop since school days. Those days the boss was providing first class service to my family but now the chain is more than 30+ and I am getting zero service from new faces. Time to look for a new shop.

Is there any "Canon" series available? Will surely support one! Need to change my glasses now.

Have been a customer with this shop since school days. Those days the boss was providing first class service to my family but now the chain is more than 30+ and I am getting zero service from new faces. Time to look for a new shop.

maybe if we conduct a mass order (like the whole bunch of us going down on the same day, same store) they might give us a discount :bsmilie:

i'm so tempted by the RX series from Nikon

specs are troublesome under a full-face helmet :bsmilie:
that's why i go for contacts. and wow. do my eyes look big
Using specs now since 1991, always under various full face helmets. No issue at all. It needs a stable frame, of course. Flimsy fashion crap will give way soon. I'm using Shoei X11 now.