Good place for Sigma lenses?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
48
singapore
www.larryloh.com
considering getting some sigma lens for my Nikon SLR, and wondering where's a good place to check prices and look at the quality and feel. any comments? how are the general quality of Sigma lenses? i know CP used to carry Sigma but not anymore... :confused:
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by firefox13
considering getting some sigma lens for my Nikon SLR, and wondering where's a good place to check prices and look at the quality and feel. any comments? how are the general quality of Sigma lenses? i know CP used to carry Sigma but not anymore... :confused:

You can try John 3:16 :thumbsup: at Funan Centre 3rd floor. They carry Sigma lenses and their services are high-class! Approach Samual, he has very good product knowledge and usually gives very good price.

Happy shopping! ;)
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com

Alternatively, you can also try Alan Photo of Sim Lim Square ground floor. You can request for an e-quote from them through their website to check out prices.
:bsmilie:
 

erwinx

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,428
0
36
Visit site
Fotoguide is apparently the main dealer for Sigma. Notice that you used the plural...buying more than 1 Sigma lens?
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
48
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
I generally don't like the feel of Sigma lenses, and if you are a Nikon user, the focussing ring/zoom ring are all the "wrong way round". ;p

I'd suggest Tokina instead. Nevertheless, you can try John 3:16 or Foto Guide for Sigma stuff.

Regards
CK
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
48
singapore
www.larryloh.com
Originally posted by erwinx
Fotoguide is apparently the main dealer for Sigma. Notice that you used the plural...buying more than 1 Sigma lens?
well i'm considering 2 lens in general, cos the Nikkor equiv. is too expensive for me...

- 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX
- 70-200mm f/2.8 EX

anyone know how much these would cost? or anyone with a second hand one to sell? my budget is not much so that's why i'm considering thrid party lenses...
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
48
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by firefox13
well i'm considering 2 lens in general, cos the Nikkor equiv. is too expensive for me...

- 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX
- 70-200mm f/2.8 EX

anyone know how much these would cost? or anyone with a second hand one to sell? my budget is not much so that's why i'm considering thrid party lenses...
I am not sure how much the Sigma 17-35 costs, but as far as the 70-200/2.8 is concerned, you can get the original Nikkor AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED for just a bit more. And that's a better value.

Regards
CK
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
44
shashinki.com
Sigma 70-200mm has two version. HSM and without.
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
48
singapore
www.larryloh.com
Originally posted by Kho King
Sigma 70-200mm has two version. HSM and without.
i'm using a nikon F90x, so i guess i should be looking at the HSM model... :confused:
 

erwinx

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,428
0
36
Visit site
I've only seen the HSM versions in Singapore for the 100-300, 70-200; actually, the sigma website implies that theres no other version for the Nikon.

Originally posted by Kho King
Sigma 70-200mm has two version. HSM and without.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.