Good negative developer using film machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuwen

Aug 11, 2004
Singapore, Woodlands
www.fuwen.net
Any body know of good developing shops who still use the traditional film printing machine? I have seen good print from digital machine but I still prefer the prints from traditional machine. If there is already a thread please let me know.

Thanks!

Any body know of good developing shops who still use the traditional film printing machine? I have seen good print from digital machine but I still prefer the prints from traditional machine. If there is already a thread please let me know.

Thanks!
I think because of the high maintenance cost of the fully optical printer, most labs have adopted digital machines for versatility. These minilabs require volume to be profitable.

I am lucky enough to have a Photo Finish outlet at Causeway point near my house still using the optical machine. However the machine is getting old and can run out of calibration, and the girls' skill sometime not so consistent.

I am lucky enough to have a Photo Finish outlet at Causeway point near my house still using the optical machine. However the machine is getting old and can run out of calibration, and the girls' skill sometime not so consistent.
I think the better ones have all upgraded to fully digital ones. The last time ColourLab still had an optical machine was several years ago. I always insisted on using that machine until they went totally e.pic. So I had no choice anymore.

Look for Bernard Poh at the following address. He's still operating a traditional print machine. More importantly he's a photographer himself and is particular about the wroks he produce. His address is :

City Eye Visual Communications Resources
Blk 631 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4#01-942
Tel : 65522861

The shop can be accessed by taking a short walk from Yio Chu Kang MRT station.

Look for Bernard Poh at the following address. He's still operating a traditional print machine. More importantly he's a photographer himself and is particular about the wroks he produce. His address is :

City Eye Visual Communications Resources
Blk 631 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4#01-942
Tel : 65522861

The shop can be accessed by taking a short walk from Yio Chu Kang MRT station.
Thanks for the tip! :)

Thanks!

I haven't been seeing prints from traditional machines for a long while. What's the difference?
I stay near Causeway Point too. But have not tried Photo Finish - the one at Cold Storage?

I haven't been seeing prints from traditional machines for a long while. What's the difference?
I stay near Causeway Point too. But have not tried Photo Finish - the one at Cold Storage?

Oh yes, I use them all the time, as now with 4 young kids I cannot venture too far. The one at Ang Mo Kio sounds promising. The one near the exit of Causeway point Cold Storage. The problem is lately their film volumn has been low and therefore sometimes can run into some quality problems as the machine is not running enough to be in tip top condition. I let them do my 3R and 8R prints. But I am not a fussy customer in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.