Good Nasi briyani

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a few kinds eh..

the normal one big pot or the individual dum briyani that has a hard boiled egg inside.

big pot one..i like the one at corner shop boonlay place hawker center..behind the famous nasi lemak.

dum..the one at race course road...the first restaurant (forgot name) branch of famous bombay restaurant..

There's an Indian restaurant at my office in Science Park 1, The Rutherford. The Nasi Briyani is super tasty, served in traditional metal wares. Lunch time price is only 6 plus, must try!

Another place selling cheap and good Briyani is a stall at Seah Im food centre, facing the main road, forgot the unit number. GOOD! :thumbsup:

the one at the coffee shop by my place has raisins cashew nuts and other good stuff!

OT: The best briyani I ever had was in Kerala. Shiok!

Near bukit timah, Mindef. Shop called Karu. Delicious free flowing rice and chapati.

Friend of mine was having the "famous" briyani at northpoint sometime ago and actually chatted with the owner on other places to recommend for briyani, the owner himself mentioned Karu (not sure of relative or not...hahah) .

Last edited:
Try west coast, it's towards the back at the corner. Not bad. $5.

GMAN

Try Ah Mei Cafe at AMK Hub.. especially fried chicken beriyani. Pure unadulterated win!

My last thread about finding good nasi briyani in Singapore was in 2006.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247408

I've finally found a place that serves good nasi briyani. But price is $9.90.

Usman's Place
67/68 Bussorah Street
Singapore 199481

http://www.usmansplace.com.sg/

not far from there, there's a shop called Briyani House.
Have you tried that? Got several style of Briyani there.

Anyway, my fav briyani around that area is the shop called Yusoff Power Biryani (or something like that), just next to the famous nasi padang Pariaman shop.

Last edited:
Is it really power? Might give it a shot. The briyani house sucks. Forget about the many different kinds of briyani.

The old tekka market, allahudin, is the best. It's not dum though. But recently at the temp market, it appears the guy has branched off into doing teh, and left the briyani to some 3rd party people. QC is bad.

The restaurant at the arts section of little india near the salvation army. It's dum but it also mesti sucketh.

Many thanks for all the suggestion.

The Allaudin at Tekka market, Briyani house and Bismillah Briyani nowadays really not good.:thumbsd:

the last i tried Al-Amin was great.but that was 2-3yrs ago? lolz....

to me the rice tastes the same. only difference in their chicken/mutton or ayam merah etc. im the type to look out more on the taste of the chicken/mutton.. but too bad.. some of the best tastes are from bridah companies only....

Briyanis in S'pore taste almost the same....the best briyani i ate was not in S'pore...i myself was surprised coz when i went to manila last year,i eat lamb briyani at this restaurant name Hossein....its the best briyani i ever eaten...:bigeyes:

i am in love with the north indian mutton briyani at woodland! cant remember the restaurant name.. but it is the best i ever had in singapore.. they mix the gravy and the meat, all the ingredient in a bowl for serving...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: yummy...
i am hungry already... :S

Status
Not open for further replies.