good models for SLR ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
chyeo said:
Yes I'm sure but maybe coz I'm the one asking (coz I know them for many years liao). Perhaps if you really want to buy that bundle, I go with you?

thanks for the offer ..... haaahaaa
still thinking ......
besides we can meet in school if u want haaaaaa..........
me from NTU too.

7ways

NiVleK said:
Come... we all meet up lah...lol

BTW, chyeo the promo package for the 300v also the same?

300v i not very sure... think maybe dun have tripod n bag, coz these 2 are thrown in by cathay themselves...

i should be going again sometime next week (juz went 2day) so if you all wanna meet up (or in sch), PM me and i'll give you my contact num. :)

HIhO
i am really new
I dont have a camera yet. budget is like $500 at e most.
2nd hand body and lens is welcome. i dont even have a dry box hahaha.
i will learn and master the art,before considering into higher venture.

Dont require many lens, a basic fit and maybe a zoom.

Wats good for a beginner like me?

really into close up shots.

used to have a digital one but didnt turn out well. well i am not that computer literate ahhaahhaa.

PLAYmobil said:
HIhO
i am really new
I dont have a camera yet. budget is like $500 at e most.
2nd hand body and lens is welcome. i dont even have a dry box hahaha.
i will learn and master the art,before considering into higher venture.

Dont require many lens, a basic fit and maybe a zoom.

Wats good for a beginner like me?

really into close up shots.

used to have a digital one but didnt turn out well. well i am not that computer literate ahhaahhaa.

Canon's EOS 66 or Nikon's F55 is only $399 I think. Comes with a kit lens to start with I think it's a 28-80mm

Have to use built-in flash for time being, the remaining cash can get a Am-Pro dry box from Carrefour (larger than the NIkon dry box and cheaper), A Bottle of silica gel, Li-Ion batteries and film for your camera, a cheap tripod possibly 2nd hand and maybe the shop will throw in a free camera bag if you persuade them enough. :D

Too bad you missed the previous Canon's offer. the EOS 66 was offered for $399 with a free dry cabinet!

If you really want to learn and master the art, some people will recommend you try to get a 2nd hand Nikon FM2 with a 50mm f/1.8
Very good way to start learning

Hi hi, I am new here.
Anyway, I am buying SLR film cam also.
Originally saw similar package like the above mentioned.
2 lens, body and a dry cabinet for $798 as offered by Ms colours.
But then, is it too good to be true?
Is 75-300mm lens really that necessary I also dunno.
I m comtemplating should I get a canon 300 or 300v??
And I got recommendations of Nikon F65.
So ermmm....I am confused. :sweat: :dunno:
Can anyone please enlighten me?

starting out?

then get a manual SLR.

something like an FM2 would do very well for ur training and getting to know aperture, focusing, shutter speed.......
top it off wth a 50mm f1.8 lens.

jnifur said:
Hi hi, I am new here.
Anyway, I am buying SLR film cam also.
Originally saw similar package like the above mentioned.
2 lens, body and a dry cabinet for $798 as offered by Ms colours.
But then, is it too good to be true?
Is 75-300mm lens really that necessary I also dunno.
I m comtemplating should I get a canon 300 or 300v??
And I got recommendations of Nikon F65.
So ermmm....I am confused. :sweat: :dunno:
Can anyone please enlighten me?

This offer that u saw is for which body? 300 or 300v?

yea finally got the EOS300 guys ......... joining the CANON family i guess....... and the price was $650.......... true as what CHYEO said .......... perhaps the ntu ppl can shhot together and meet up in school some time ???
haaaaa

tks
7ways

it doesn't matter what brand of SLR you chose, a hearty welcome to the film club. :D

guess this starts the learning process yar ???

cheers ........
7ways

sevenWAYS said:
yea finally got the EOS300 guys ......... joining the CANON family i guess....... and the price was $650.......... true as what CHYEO said .......... perhaps the ntu ppl can shhot together and meet up in school some time ???
haaaaa

tks
7ways

Congratulations on getting your first camera (probably)! Have fun playing with the different functions.

Currently, I am starting on my photo story/essay with NTU as the theme and hope to compile it into a small booklet for publishing or exhibiting. Perhaps you want to join me? But think the story will probably take 1-2 years to complete, since I have around 2 years left in NTU so don't want to rush. You can email me at lifesux_80@yahoo.com.sg if you are interested. (if not interested also nvm, we can meet up for a coffee or something)

nah not my first cam..... but definately the first consumer SLR.... so still newbie ........ the project that u are working on... is very interesting ..... spanning 2 years ...... Alas .... me in the final year liao.... but still interested in the project (that is if i can contribute acceptable pictures......). Like u have said we shld meet for kopi or something.

thanks
7ways

Status
Not open for further replies.