Good Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wats the purpose? For vocals or for intruments?
For live? For studio?

Condensers? Dynamic? Ribbons? Tubes?
Large diaphrams? Small diaphrams?

Polar pattern? (Cardoid, super cardoid, hyper cardoid, figure of 8, omnidirectional, parabolic, shotguns, PCC?)

Heh not everyone is as advanced as you brudder, if he knew, he'd have asked with all the details :p.

Probably wants a normal dynamic mic - karaoke? :p

Shure seems to be a value for money brand that comes to mind - they have a good range of mics as well, fron condensers to dynamic and bass mics for kick drums etc.

markccm said:
For live? For studio?

Polar pattern? (Cardoid, super cardoid, hyper cardoid, figure of 8, omnidirectional, parabolic, shotguns, PCC?)

if really on a budget, try the Shure PF58 or the Audio-Technica Midnite Blue series.

Can goto Hung Bros on the 2nd or 3rd floor of SLS to try

markccm said:
For live? For studio?

:bsmilie: cool! ... Sorry but what's PCC ... :think: sounds wrong :sweat: :p ... haaa... still remember the days when i was behind the mixer consoles ... it was really fun ... loved toying around with the condenser mics ... they even had their cute little flight cases! (ok they're worth about $1k each .. who can blame them?)

Shure is 1 brand as mentioned already. You might want to take a look at Audio Technica as well. They're pretty good.

markccm said:
if really on a budget, try the Shure PF58 or the Audio-Technica Midnite Blue series.

Can goto Hung Bros on the 2nd or 3rd floor of SLS to try

What is the price range like ? It is for my mini hi-fi audio karaoke at home......

Kim Dong Moon said:
It is for my mini hi-fi audio karaoke at home......

Hi there

I have a pair of Scandyna wireless mic for sale. Bought in February diz year but think only used it abt 5 times.

Luv them so much coz many other mics I've tried doesn't produce my voice as is. These mics r exceptional. :thumbsup:

Letting go at SGD135 (negotiable). Condition: Mint

PM me if u r interested?

Regards

dEthANGeL said:
:bsmilie: cool! ... Sorry but what's PCC ...

PCC are specific to Crown.
Boundary mics placed on the ground.

usually used for theatre.
e.g Tap dancing to pickup the taps on the ground.

I usually use Neumann, DPA, Countyman, Shures, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Audix, Sennheisers for my area of work.

Cool! ... damn now i wish i ventured into this field rather than be where i am today... sigh :rolleyes:

Hmm ... i've used the Midnight blue series from AT ... find that their pickup quite poor, had to raise the volume quite abit for that particular channel. The shures have better response though.

dEthANGeL said:
Hmm ... i've used the Midnight blue series from AT ... find that their pickup quite poor, had to raise the volume quite abit for that particular channel. The shures have better response though.

generally i would not touch AT mics unless bo pian.
It has saved me a few times when all else fails.

I remember a time where we used a GT tube mic for Iskanda Ismail's grand piano.
somehow the sound did not really come out right.

But when we fitted an AT condenser mic in, it worked.

Also another time when we were doing a concert at the indoor stadium, the Shure ULXP series with boosters experienced dropouts.
We got a set of AT's in.
It worked.

My use for AT is more for backup purposes.
Really bo pian, the main unit fail on us then use.

If not, its mostly Shure & Beyerdynamic wireless systems for me.

Kim Dong Moon said:
Anyone can recommend good microphone brand ? Thanks bros ....

Rather than shop by brand, shop by your ears. Go with the microphone that sounds best to you. Prices can range from 30 bucks to 30,000 or more. One thing you do want is a unidirectional (cardiod) pattern microphone that picks up more signal from the front of the microphone than the rear and rear sides. This will not only reduce feedback but will also sound better for karaoke. A dynamic microphone is also recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.