good macro photography link

Status
Not open for further replies.

franciskc

Jan 17, 2002
Earth
The lens so long... isnt it that shud be mount the lens on the tripod instead... I rather have my lens on the tripod safer ..... If a body and lens drop both at the same time.. which one will u catch first????? :confused:

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by franciskc
The lens so long... isnt it that shud be mount the lens on the tripod instead... I rather have my lens on the tripod safer ..... If a body and lens drop both at the same time.. which one will u catch first????? :confused:
100mm f2.8 USM macro lens does not support tripod mount ...

when both drop <--- how to drop separately when both are together ... :)

franciskc

Jan 17, 2002
Earth
Originally posted by megaweb

when both drop <--- how to drop separately when both are together ... :)
Camera lens mount came off... Choose choose.. onli can choose 1... kekeke

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
thanks for the link. I love the bird and landscape shots.... must go Utah/Bryce/Canyonlands/Zion....

sriram

Mar 10, 2002

The 100/2.8USM (one in this pic) allows a tripod collar to be attached. You have to purchase it separately, and the collar is hard to get in Singapore. The old 100/2.8 non-USM did NOT have a tripod collar. Still, I haven't purchased a collar for my 100/2.8 because it cannot be used with a battery pack / booster- the collar is so close to the lens mount that it hits the battery pack. The lens itself weighs only 5xx grams, Coupled to something like an EOS-3 and booster (12xx-13xx grams) it makes more sense to support the camera.

Even in this picture, it makes more sense to support the camera. The D30 and two extension tubes would weight a lot more than the lens alone. Ideally, this guy should support both the camera and the lens since he's using so many tubes.

kraterz

Mar 10, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by zhapchit
how much is the extension tube? :(
Depends on company and model. Some cheap Kenko ones I saw selling for between 40-60 bucks. These @&#$ charge exorbitant $$ for a hollow tube. Canon tubes are few hundred $.

zhapchit

Jan 17, 2002
North-East
Visit site
Originally posted by kraterz

Depends on company and model. Some cheap Kenko ones I saw selling for between 40-60 bucks. These @&#$ charge exorbitant $$ for a hollow tube. Canon tubes are few hundred $.
wah :cry:

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by sriram

The 100/2.8USM (one in this pic) allows a tripod collar to be attached. You have to purchase it separately, and the collar is hard to get in Singapore. The old 100/2.8 non-USM did NOT have a tripod collar. Still, I haven't purchased a collar for my 100/2.8 because it cannot be used with a battery pack / booster- the collar is so close to the lens mount that it hits the battery pack. The lens itself weighs only 5xx grams, Coupled to something like an EOS-3 and booster (12xx-13xx grams) it makes more sense to support the camera.

Even in this picture, it makes more sense to support the camera. The D30 and two extension tubes would weight a lot more than the lens alone. Ideally, this guy should support both the camera and the lens since he's using so many tubes.
do u know how much does the tripod collar cost ? is it available here ?

sriram

Mar 10, 2002

do u know how much does the tripod collar cost ? is it available here ?
It is available here, but not easily. When I bought my 100/2.8 USM, Cathay said they'd have to special order the collar, and it would take 3-4 weeks. I had to wait for the lens hood for 3 weeks. Try your luck - they might have some in stock. Give them a call. If they can't get it, Don (Camera workshop) can order some from HK.

Anyway, it is a stupid design. I can't use the collar with my battery pack or booster... So I didn't buy it.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by sriram

It is available here, but not easily. When I bought my 100/2.8 USM, Cathay said they'd have to special order the collar, and it would take 3-4 weeks. I had to wait for the lens hood for 3 weeks. Try your luck - they might have some in stock. Give them a call. If they can't get it, Don (Camera workshop) can order some from HK.

Anyway, it is a stupid design. I can't use the collar with my battery pack or booster... So I didn't buy it.
ok ... will check with Don (I know him ... :)) I guest using with the tripod collar + tripod is also not easy to take insects ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom