Good lobang for FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I hijack this thread??

I also plan to sell my FZ20 too...
Interested party, please PM me.

Mine is a Mint set, bought in Nov 2004 (during the PC show)
Selling because its in my dry box most of the time now.

I am selling with all my accessories. PM me to find out the package and price.
My unit is a Silver color set.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

I want it.. but badly from Singapore.. haiz..
but is that unit black color?

Another FZ20 HERE!!
This one got 2 years extended warranty somemore and less than a month old......

tkp77 said:

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

francis, i tot u dun wan to sell and wan keep it as spare ??

:dunno:

donchua said:
Another FZ20 HERE!!
This one got 2 years extended warranty somemore and less than a month old......

Just for info, the HV extended warrantry is non-transferable. It has the buyer's name and NRIC included on the receipt so the buyer has to go with you to claim the extended warrantry.

Cheers
John

k3nn3th03 said:

Frankly speaking, unless someone in the family is using the FZ20, it will be quite a waste to use as spare camera. I rather look for a cheap model than to use it as spare.

Cheers
John

k3nn3th03 said:

Francis turning pro. FZ20 cannot be backup. His dark one will become spare body, while he buy the dark lord. DEE TOO EX.. hahaha

Whaaaa ... so many selling FZ20. Do they know something I don;t know ??? :think:

tankm said:
Whaaaa ... so many selling FZ20. Do they know something I don;t know ??? :think:

They know the power of the
DARK SIDE!
:angel:

every selling fz20 like siao, few weeks ago, i am searching for 2nd hand one like siao, finally got one.

Upz for those selling, the price is very attractive by these sellers.

tkp77 said:

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

How much are you selling it for ??
Want to jump ship to Panasonic liao... Dimage Z5 simply fails to impress me...

mlwang said:
every selling fz20 like siao, few weeks ago, i am searching for 2nd hand one like siao, finally got one.

Upz for those selling, the price is very attractive by these sellers.

Before you I was also looking like siao but settled down with a FZ10. :)

i find it funny that most of the people in the Pana forum says that the FZ20 is a good camera with all the functions and all that but most of those saying it are the ones selling it. I am seriously missing something here :eek: I think i better start looking for buyer on my FZ20 also ;)

Scann69 said:
i find it funny that most of the people in the Pana forum says that the FZ20 is a good camera with all the functions and all that but most of those saying it are the ones selling it. I am seriously missing something here :eek: I think i better start looking for buyer on my FZ20 also ;)

It is good at the prosumer range, but most of those who used after a while had gone over to the dark side.

What I strongly believe is, I will still keep my FZ10, since it is so valuable, and I have 5 years extended warranty!

Scann69 said:

Well well, actually u r not missing anything... FZ20 is indeed a good buy, but they kana "dark side virus" mahz... (dun flame me brothers) Everyone have different needs and requirements of the camera. Leica lens cut hand one hor... Very very sharp one... That a main plus point, sharp picture for a camera under 1 k is good... plus 12x optical zoom. For a prosumer camera, u can't expect it to be as pro as DSLR. There bound to be some limits, well well u can expect to have feature that is available in something that u pay 2k for in Pana camera, pana camera cost less than 1k...

FZ20 is still a good camera for beginners to begin with, dun try to run before u can walk...

Cheers...

Following are my opinions why FZ20 users are moving into "true" DSLR.
1. TTL Flash. Panasonic should seriously look into this, and there will be extra flash sales for them as well.

2. Image Noise, even at ISO80. This is subjective and if needed can be reduce with post-processing. Panasonic can update firmware to provide better noise reduction if needed.

3. EVF viewfinder not ideal for low light situation. Panasonic can reduce this problem by doing auto gain thru firmware.

4. Mechanical zoom. Electronic zoom control is slow and harder to control accurately. For fast action situation, mechanical zoom is way much easier and faster.

5. Focus. FZ20 has problem in focusing in low light. The low light assist is not ideal and it is visible light which is distracting especially in low light.

6. Limited Macro Mode. FZ20 do have macro mode, but it's limited to some extend on it's useable focusing range.

7. Limited to 8 secs exposure and f8 aperture. May not be a problem for all, but when needed may restrict the shot you want to get. The 8sec exposure restriction I believe can be increase via firmware.

8. Firmware update/upgrade. Panasonic does not release any firmware update. They should seriously consider providing firmware update to improve some of their short-fall.

tankm said:
Following are my opinions why FZ20 users are moving into "true" DSLR.
1. TTL Flash. Panasonic should seriously look into this, and there will be extra flash sales for them as well.

2. Image Noise, even at ISO80. This is subjective and if needed can be reduce with post-processing. Panasonic can update firmware to provide better noise reduction if needed.

3. EVF viewfinder not ideal for low light situation. Panasonic can reduce this problem by doing auto gain thru firmware.

4. Mechanical zoom. Electronic zoom control is slow and harder to control accurately. For fast action situation, mechanical zoom is way much easier and faster.

5. Focus. FZ20 has problem in focusing in low light. The low light assist is not ideal and it is visible light which is distracting especially in low light.

6. Limited Macro Mode. FZ20 do have macro mode, but it's limited to some extend on it's useable focusing range.

7. Limited to 8 secs exposure and f8 aperture. May not be a problem for all, but when needed may restrict the shot you want to get. The 8sec exposure restriction I believe can be increase via firmware.

8. Firmware update/upgrade. Panasonic does not release any firmware update. They should seriously consider providing firmware update to improve some of their short-fall.

Hmm...Most FZ20 owners moving to dslr? Which model? D70, D350, 7D?
I think there are also D70, D350, 7D owners moving to 20D. D2X, S3Pro. Why?

There will always be upgraders! Just be happy and move along when time come.......

For a less than 1K camera, let's be happy with the pros it has?

Hmm...so many people wants to sell their FZ20 le? Well, in fact if I got money in the first place...I would have bought a DSLR back then. But the need for a HUGE investment and maintenance for it does not seems very appealing.

I am still waiting for money to drop from the sky though...haha :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.