good lens or body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeinpolaroid

Jun 9, 2008
If your budget only allows for either, which would you choose?

Full frame body + 50mm f1.4

or

Entry Level + 35 F1.4

question is, good body comes first or good lens?

or

Entry Level + 35 F1.4

If budget is not of a concern I'll definitely go for the full frame + 50mm since the 50mm f1.4 is also a good lens.

or

Entry Level + 35 F1.4

Here's an interesting thread to add to the discussion.

There are many more out there, basically the Nikon D700 is such a great FX camera that older lenses which performed poorly on DX have become much better on the Full Format D700. So called poor lenses have been given a new lease of life.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=30913995

On the other hand, the technological improvement of cameras may also necessitate the development of even better lenses. For e.g., the Nikkor 14-24 ultra wide lens which is stellar in the corners on a D700 FX and DX cameras has started to show its corner weaknesses on the current Nikon Flagship camera, the D3x.

For me it will be the full frame body and the 50mm f1.4
- good body and a good lens.

Ryan

But then a 50mm f1.4 cant be your walkabout lens. It can be but i rather you get a L lens like 17-40 or 24-105? More range and an external flash is good! Invest in flash! It will do you good

But then a 50mm f1.4 cant be your walkabout lens. It can be but i rather you get a L lens like 17-40 or 24-105? More range and an external flash is good! Invest in flash! It will do you good

Any lens with wide to tele range can be a walkaround, doesn't mean must be L.

IF budget allow, good body + good lens ... if I'm in yr shoe, I go for a good lens as my priority and later upgrade body. :)

lens is prob more important but its so much more fun when you also have a nice body...

There is more lasting fun in shooting actually .. the gear thrill wears away quickly until you get the next new thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.