Good lens for indoor shooting

c00lb0y2010

May 24, 2011
Hi fellows cs a question for a newbee like me.. What's a good lens for indoor taking some parts of the restaurant like dinning room wine cellar etc.. I got only 2 lens to used ..
50mm 1.8ii canon

Tamron18-200 3.5

Currently using 60d
Thanks for your advance reply
Cheers

Hi fellows cs a question for a newbee like me.. What's a good lens for indoor taking some parts of the restaurant like dinning room wine cellar etc.. I got only 2 lens to used ..
50mm 1.8ii canon

Tamron18-200 3.5

Currently using 60d
Thanks for your advance reply
Cheers

Depends on what you are trying to shoot. You want to shoot people? or shoot the room wide? or shoot product in the wine cellar?

Shoot the people with the room and shoot only the wide room :)

Shoot the people with the room and shoot only the wide room :)

So you want to see both the room and the people?

A UWA lens will come in handy. The Tokina 11-16/2.8 comes to mind. Other lenses include Canon 10-22 or sigma 10-20.

How if u got limited lens to used like me for now I only got 50mm 1.8 and tamron 18-200

you can also consider getting an external flash and diffuser to light up the subjects:)

Yup I got yn 560 flash and diffuser

c00lb0y2010 said:
Yup I got yn 560 flash and diffuser

crystal1993 said:
Use your 18-200 and use a flash. Settled.

+1 only way to go if u are limited to only these 2 lenses. If the wine cellar is not very big, and 18mm is not wide enough, then just have to suck thumb and make do

Thanks for all the reply :)

+1 for flash.

Picture-1-2.jpg

Depends lah both lens also can, but if you want to focus on the wine bottle, etc aesthetic feel type use the 1.8.
Flash would destroy the ambience! Thats why I practice qi gong technique for steady hands. Must shoot in full manual
the camera is idiot otherwise will underexpose.

I dont know up to the shooter. If you want see my extreme low light I can show you some newer I took, but you must know how to set lah...
Below is a sample I took at Clarke Quay few yrs back. Crappy work looking back but sample only...

IMG_2077-Edit.jpg

dennisc said:
Depends lah both lens also can, but if you want to focus on the wine bottle, etc aesthetic feel type use the 1.8.
Flash would destroy the ambience! Thats why I practice qi gong technique for steady hands. Must shoot in full manual
the camera is idiot otherwise will underexpose.

I dont know up to the shooter. If you want see my extreme low light I can show you some newer I took, but you must know how to set lah...
Below is a sample I took at Clarke Quay few yrs back. Crappy work looking back but sample only...

Using flash will destroy the ambience only if you do it wrongly. I find that using flash is the better way to go if you only have limited lens choice.

Personal preference lah, up to the user what he wants to achieve. I like flash too but as strobes in evening/night shoots. I know some couple wanted to take candlelight anbience then the photog BOOM flash, spoil the pic. They wanted a refund... :nono:

:) had not tried the link yet... Will try it :)

dennisc said:
Flash would destroy the ambience!

If you point at correct position , set the correct output , diffuse it enough , u can get really soft and nice lighting if its really verydark

Can also use tripod ma , not necessary flash .