Good job: Police arrest four suspects over Downtown East murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
SINGAPORE: Police have arrested four Chinese male suspects, aged between 18 and 20 years, in connection with the murder of a youth at Downtown East in Pasir Ris on Saturday.

Darren Ng Wei Jie, 19, was attacked by a group of persons. He sustained serious injuries and died in hospital.

Police arrested the suspects on Monday evening after establishing their identities following thorough investigations.

Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police Ng Boon Gay, Director of Criminal Investigation Department, commended the police officers for their extensive investigations and speed in apprehending the suspects.

He said, "Such violent behaviour and blatant disregard for the law will not be condoned. Police will see to it that those who perpetuate violence will be dealt with to the fullest extent of our laws."

The four suspects will be charged in court with murder on Wednesday. If convicted, they face the death penalty.

- CNA/de

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1090757/1/.html

i wonder just how silly the whole story is

i think it's a sad way to go

"
He and two friends were believed to have been involved in a staring incident with the group earlier.
"

Why these young men so hooked up over a simple problem and become so cruel? :cry:

Why these young men so hooked up over a simple problem and become so cruel? :cry:

loads of people do silly things over small matters:

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/10/farmville-murder-plea.html
mother kills her baby because it interrupted her playing FARMVILLE

and i think in malaysia, some 18 year old teenager stabbed a shopkeeper to death, because the night before, the shopkeeper had refused to sell him a packet of instant noodles as it was closing time

I hope they don't hang them but judge should hand them 30+ years of sentence.
They should rote in prison for all these year to remember what they have done to another young person.
In recent years i have seen more violence in young Singaporeans. I always feel hesitant to move to US due to violence but i don't see any different here now.
I suspect the person going to defend those 4 kids would be subash (some times listening his comments made my blood boil).

I hope they don't hang them but judge should hand them 30+ years of sentence.
They should rote in prison for all these year to remember what they have done to another young person.
In recent years i have seen more violence in young Singaporeans. I always feel hesitant to move to US due to violence but i don't see any different here now.
I suspect the person going to defend those 4 kids would be subash (some times listening his comments made my blood boil).

At least kids here have no access to guns.
Two of my British cousins are now staying long term in MY due to high gang violence in the UK.

Last edited:
A case of temporary insanity... blood rushes to the head - clouds all forms of judgement, sometimes prolonged until it becomes a valid reason to commit attrocities..

A case of temporary insanity... blood rushes to the head - clouds all forms of judgement, sometimes prolonged until it becomes a valid reason to commit attrocities..
That is all modern bulllshit cooked by lawyer to show innocence of their clients. I hope this time judge don't buy this excuse.

loads of people do silly things over small matters:

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/10/farmville-murder-plea.html
mother kills her baby because it interrupted her playing FARMVILLE

and i think in malaysia, some 18 year old teenager stabbed a shopkeeper to death, because the night before, the shopkeeper had refused to sell him a packet of instant noodles as it was closing time

they allow anger to control their minds and did not realize that human life is so precious.

Yeah, right....

Go tell that to the mother of the boy who died ! :sticktong

EGO is the root of all evil. One eye ball and one harmless middle finger will bring unexpected reaction. Human are strange.

I told my friend if I ever point my middle finger at him, I meant that as a compliment. The meaning has change. He is getting use to it.

Yeah, right....

That is all modern bulllshit cooked by lawyer to show innocence of their clients. I hope this time judge don't buy this excuse.

Who says I'm on the murderers' side?! It happens, and can happen to anyone of us. I hope the 4 gets convicted that for sure.

Boy, don't just jump to conclusions if you don't know what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

Yeah, right....

I agreed, they should be punished for what they had did.

Last edited:
I believe the DPP should have a better case than the Defence. After all, a murder was committed. How to plead manslaughter? Murder due to fighting started by a staring incident. Secondary schools and tertiary institutions need to get their students to grow up more...

Surely convicted - the 4 murderers. Sympathy goes to the parents for their loss.

Nutcases roam the streets we walk on, be sure to teach your youngings about keeping their eyes to themselves.

Last edited:
:flame: send a clear message of justice
:hung: for the killer
:kok: for the accomplices
:cry: for their parents
:flush: for all hopes and dreams

Who says I'm on the murderers' side?! It happens, and can happen to anyone of us. I hope the 4 gets convicted that for sure.

Boy, don't just jump to conclusions if you don't know what I'm trying to say.

I was merely commenting i didn't said what you wrote in your thread was wrong.
Hanging is fast and pain for a while only, they should be given 30+ years and let them do soul search while they rote in jail.

:flame: send a clear message of justice
:hung: for the killer
:kok: for the accomplices
:cry: for their parents
:flush: for all hopes and dreams

Very appropriate description.
This group of teenagers killed over a minor thing, sad...

I was merely commenting i didn't said what you wrote in your thread was wrong.
Hanging is fast and pain for a while only, they should be given 30+ years and let them do soul search while they rote in jail.

Whatever the punishment, already too late for the kid who lost his life. Heart felt condolenses to his parents. So, whatever we do, we much teach our little ones to handle such situations well - keep their eyes to themselves. Troublemakers are abound, and will seek to create one when opportunity arises - they are ready for trouble...the question is, are we? Certainly, we're not saying we must learn kung-fu to protect ourselves or get the police to help when they can't be around everywhere, everytime of the day right? (Not faulting the law enforcers one bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.