Good hawker food at AMK area

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hi people,

I am getting bored with food around my place so I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations.

My own recommendations,

1) prata at casshurina, off lentor avenue. There are two prata shops. Go for the one further away from the carpark. The egg prata is very good

2) Jane's cake station at Jalan Kayu. The durian and chocolate cakes are some fof the best I have tried

3) ba ku tei, the market (opp chinese temple on the other side of the market) near ang mo kio avenue 9 is pretty good

Actually I am looking for a good fish soup stall anywhere near AMK. I really like the one in China square food court. Super nice fried fish soup. Any stall with similar standard?

And there is one shop selling famous curry puffs near the Entertianment centre. Is it still there?

yeah the famous curry puffs are still there near Jubilee, but nowadays the queues are all over at the Rotiboy store, i'm gonna give it another 3 months before... *ahem*bubbletea*ahem* :devil:

er, ang mo kio ah, what's there to eat here anyway? been staying here for the past 10 years already so i guess i'm quite numb, but i still frequent the market hawker centre at amk central for the Pig's Trotters Rice and the sugarcane with lemon drinks, then topping it all off with a AJ Ice mountain (famous huge ice kacang, was supposedly named after some Anderson JC students requested something huge for a celebration) :heart:

The fish soup next to the ice kacang stall & carrot cake stall hawker centre in amk central is good. But not the fried fish type.. U can also try other dishes from the same stall, not bad too.. I like the fried deer meat..

At the same place, you can try the carrot cake, duck porridge, ice kacang, etc.

for the ba kut tei, r u referring to the one directly opposite Bishan Park? me and my family always go there......

wind30 said:
Hi people,

3) ba ku tei, the market (opp chinese temple on the other side of the market) near ang mo kio avenue 9 is pretty good

Actually I am looking for a good fish soup stall anywhere near AMK. I really like the one in China square food court. Super nice fried fish soup. Any stall with similar standard?

penang prawn noodles at the S11 near jubilee.

Waffle said:
yeah the famous curry puffs are still there near Jubilee, but nowadays the queues are all over at the Rotiboy store, i'm gonna give it another 3 months before... *ahem*bubbletea*ahem* :devil:

curry puffs still there... but $ increased.
i doubt Rotiboy will eol so fast... it could be the next b/talk.
just remain to be seen.

Ashleyy said:
The fish soup next to the ice kacang stall & carrot cake stall hawker centre in amk central is good. But not the fried fish type.. U can also try other dishes from the same stall, not bad too.. I like the fried deer meat..

At the same place, you can try the carrot cake, duck porridge, ice kacang, etc.

I know the ice kacang stall but never tried the fish soup. Will try today :) :)

got fried deer meet in the market hawker center???

scud said:
just remain to be seen.

yeap, the tops curry puffs are good. can match chiang kee.

plinius said:
for the ba kut tei, r u referring to the one directly opposite Bishan Park? me and my family always go there......

nope,

I know about the bakuteh stall that you are talking about. I think the pig leg is better than the ba ku teh for that stall. The one I am saying is much LESS famous and less crowded but I think the quality around the same, and nearer my place.

The one I am talking about is the hawker center near AMK avenue 9, opp chinese temple. The good food in this hawker center is the BBQ fish (VERY GOOD), BBQ chicken wing (80 cents each, CHEAP), duck rice and wanton mee (queue very long sometimes) and my favourite Bakutei which no many people eat... dunno why.

I like rotiboy. very good if eaten hot. the curry puffs are also very good.

wind30 said:
I know the ice kacang stall but never tried the fish soup. Will try today :) :)

got fried deer meet in the market hawker center???

more like stir fried deer meat.. hee... the stall next to the ice kacang behind table 27.. they sell those typical chinese dishes.. like fish soup, sea food soup, sweet & sour pork, kang kong, etc... take yr pick.. :bsmilie:

Why nobody mentioned the awesome chicken cutlet at the hawker center? The stall named Rasa Sayang!

Vulpix0r said:
Why nobody mentioned the awesome chicken cutlet at the hawker center? The stall named Rasa Sayang!
it is just beside the penang prawn noodles at the S11 near jubilee as quoted by cosycatus.

scud said:
just remain to be seen.

Tip-top curry puffs is not as "tip top" compare to few
years back. Dunno why leh....
now taste more like old chang-kee which IMO not very nice...

Ashleyy said:
more like stir fried deer meat.. hee... the stall next to the ice kacang behind table 27.. they sell those typical chinese dishes.. like fish soup, sea food soup, sweet & sour pork, kang kong, etc... take yr pick.. :bsmilie:

went there but dunno if I got the correct shop. the hawker center we are talking about is the MARKET hawker center right? not S11. It is N OT beside the FAMOUS ice kacang stall but beside another desert stall. did not check the table number....

The fried vege with seafood was pretty good and very cheap somemore. The fish soup was so so... tasted like a lot of MSG... they are not a fish soup shop right so I guess they do not make real fish soup, as in those that take time and effort.

I remember there was this prawn noodle stall facing the back of Broadway
cinema which only opens in the evening/night. The soup is those kind of dark
color (not those mirky color) and its damn good !! not sure if the stall still
there, long time never patronise liao....

scud said:
it is just beside the penang prawn noodles at the S11 near jubilee as quoted by cosycatus.

the S11 western food is very famous and the chicken cutlet is VERY good. But the take away packaging is very bad. Fries end up soggy very fast, sauce all over the place.

The pork chop at the MARKET hawker center is better than the one in S11. The take away packaging is also very good. Put fries and bun in a paper bag, sauce is a seperate plastic bag, excellent.

Waffle said:
er, ang mo kio ah, what's there to eat here anyway? been staying here for the past 10 years already so i guess i'm quite numb, but i still frequent the market hawker centre at amk central for the Pig's Trotters Rice and the sugarcane with lemon drinks, then topping it all off with a AJ Ice mountain (famous huge ice kacang, was supposedly named after some Anderson JC students requested something huge for a celebration) :heart:

Yes,i like the pig's trotter,there's 2 stalls,i like the behind 1.
Pig's trotter + sugarcane= heaven :bsmilie:

Carrot cake i must say blk 107 is the best i tasted in the whole of singapore,no fight anywhere else.Highly recommended! Only open in the night.
Blk 252 prata also best,chicken rice also nice.
i'm fortunate to be staying near both.

The tip top curry puff i don't like,from 50cents eat until now 90cents.The size also shrink,i'm gonna stop frequent them for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.