Good graphic cards for extreme games

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamapi

Deregistered
Feb 27, 2008
What are the good graphic cards that are used to play high end games like crysis?
How much would it cost?
I'm looking at Gforce 8400 256mb,does it fit the bill?

Yeh., im on the 8800 GT and it cant even run crysis with full AA. So for extreme gaming, the 8800 and above is required for sure, 8400 will not cut it.

for that, i will strongly recommend the 9800G2 1GB:bsmilie:

Yeh., im on the 8800 GT and it cant even run crysis with full AA. So for extreme gaming, the 8800 and above is required for sure, 8400 will not cut it.

how much is it?

how much is it?

look at the pricelist i linked. but average around 350. different brand slightly different prices.

and in case you accidentally tripped over a cash of 1k, that's how much the 9800G2 cost.

look at the pricelist i linked. but average around 350.

I qouted cz i saw a couple of 8800..
350 sounds cheap...what abt the better ones?

I qouted cz i saw a couple of 8800..
350 sounds cheap...what abt the better ones?

better ones........ the 9800GTX is about 500. there are 8800GTX and 8800Ultra, but i think those cash rish users will rather go for those 9800s.

better ones........ the 9800GTX is about 500. there are 8800GTX and 8800Ultra, but i think those cash rish users will rather go for those 9800s.

an what about ram?
my bro suggested 8Gig of ddr2..:cry:

an what about ram?
my bro suggested 8g of quad core ram..:cry:

firstly, there's no quad core ram.

i recommend getting DDR2-800 ones, they are the norm. and i would say 2GB is a sweet spot, though no harm getting 4GB. 8 is overkill.

firstly, there's no quad core ram.

i recommend getting DDR2-800 ones, they are the norm. and i would say 2GB is a sweet spot, though no harm getting 4GB. 8 is overkill.

sorry typo.
what about processor?

sorry typo.
what about processor?

would say get the best your budget has. that's what i do, i fix a budget, than select all my items, and with the leftover, i get the best proccessor i can afford with it.

would say get the best your budget has. that's what i do, i fix a budget, than select all my items, and with the leftover, i get the best proccessor i can afford with it.

budget is around 1.5-2k

my main piority is a 4g ram and at least the 9600gx u were talking about.
Not sure if it's enough.

No way is it 350? I paid something like 600 bucks for it im sure! Maybe i brought something else too and dont remember haha, oh well. Processor, at least 3ghz dual core, 4gb ram and anything from the 8800 and above (512mb recommended)

edit: ah it may have been 600 for the 8800 GTX 512MB, not just the 8800GT, sorry, got confused!

budget is around 1.5-2k

my main piority is a 4g ram and at least the 9600gx u were talking about.
Not sure if it's enough.

i would say keep it at 2gb ram first, if you have leftovers, then increase it. regarding the graphics card, keep in mind that the lowest end of the higher series isn't better than the highest end of the lower series. for eg, 7950GTX>8600GT(in terms of directx9). so whether to get the 8800GT, 8800GTS(i'm currently using that one for reasons you soon will read) or 9600GT, i think this forum post will help greatly. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249850-33-8800-9600

btw, for motherboards................ woah....... i dun know liao.............. too many choices:bsmilie:

What are the good graphic cards that are used to play high end games like crysis?
How much would it cost?
I'm looking at Gforce 8400 256mb,does it fit the bill?

:nono: less computer games, zero productivity!

spend more time with your darling camera :thumbsup:

No way is it 350? I paid something like 600 bucks for it im sure! Maybe i brought something else too and dont remember haha, oh well. Processor, at least 3ghz dual core, 4gb ram and anything from the 8800 and above (512mb recommended)

edit: ah it may have been 600 for the 8800 GTX 512MB, not just the 8800GT, sorry, got confused!

woah.......8800GT for 600 bucks:bsmilie:. 8800GT was supposed to be for the budget concious yet requiring performance.:bsmilie:

I'm working
Working on games:bsmilie:

for that, i recommend a sony A700, Carl Zeiss 24-70, Carl Zeiss 85mm and Carl Zeiss 135mm.

Which is wiser?
Getting straight from a DIY store or ready made from well known manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.