Good Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

bblurrr

Sep 11, 2007
interestingby.isaias.com.mx
Tomorrow is Good Friday and in many churches will organized "Way of the Cross". anyone know which church will have this in the evening.... I think with all the candle light, it would make a good photo opportunity.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
Tomorrow is Good Friday and in many churches will organized "Way of the Cross". anyone know which church will have this in the evening.... I think with all the candle light, it would make a good photo opportunity.
Novena Church near Novena MRT, Good Shepherd near Chjimes.. (* please do not use flash nor anything that distracts the crowd, stay clear of human flow as they moved, keep in mind it is a very serious religious event, respect is needed).;)

below is a photo of Good Shepherd Cathedral on Christmas Day 2007 after the mass was over.

bblurrr

Sep 11, 2007
Novena Church near Novena MRT, Good Shepherd near Chjimes.. (* please do not use flash nor anything that distracts the crowd, stay clear of human flow as they moved, keep in mind it is a very serious religious event, respect is needed).;)

below is a photo of Good Shepherd Cathedral on Christmas Day 2007 after the mass was over.

Xie xie.

May 31, 2005
The candle lit procession is actually held on the Saturday evening after Good Friday: it is carried out after night falls and takes place outdoors if the weather permits. The priest will light the easter candle from a bonfire (sometimes quite dramatic depending on how much fuel is used...)

Try and find Catholic churches with high surrounding buildings for a birds-eye view; St Teresa at Bt Purmei and St Mary of the Angels in Bukit Batok come to mind.

There is usually baptisms at the same ceremony, and if you attend churches with deep baptismal fonts you will actually see immersion (i.e. full or partial dunking)

just be respectful with your cameras and you will be welcomed

bblurrr

Sep 11, 2007
The candle lit procession is actually held on the Saturday evening after Good Friday: it is carried out after night falls and takes place outdoors if the weather permits. The priest will light the easter candle from a bonfire (sometimes quite dramatic depending on how much fuel is used...)

Try and find Catholic churches with high surrounding buildings for a birds-eye view; St Teresa at Bt Purmei and St Mary of the Angels in Bukit Batok come to mind.

There is usually baptisms at the same ceremony, and if you attend churches with deep baptismal fonts you will actually see immersion (i.e. full or partial dunking)

just be respectful with your cameras and you will be welcomed
cheers:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom