Good food in KL


Status
Not open for further replies.

wind

New Member
Apr 30, 2002
25
0
0
38
Visit site
#1
Hi guys. Any recommendations for good food in KL? mi going this coming sat. hehe.btw have a nice break tomoro :)
 

lauLEE

New Member
Jun 8, 2003
237
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#2
wind said:
Hi guys. Any recommendations for good food in KL? mi going this coming sat. hehe.btw have a nice break tomoro :)
i say : Overseas Restaurant along Jalan Imbi........ the best Chinese food in Malaysia ... and Singapore, and Batam, Thailand, Hong Kong, etc...........................
try, try, must try or surely die without trying
 

wind

New Member
Apr 30, 2002
25
0
0
38
Visit site
#3
lauLEE said:
i say : Overseas Restaurant along Jalan Imbi........ the best Chinese food in Malaysia ... and Singapore, and Batam, Thailand, Hong Kong, etc...........................
try, try, must try or surely die without trying
Realli?! hey, must try then. thanks! any "must-go" places in KL?? hehe
 

lauLEE

New Member
Jun 8, 2003
237
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#4
wind said:
Realli?! hey, must try then. thanks! any "must-go" places in KL?? hehe
depending on yr agenda ...... juz refer to the Tourist maps (most easily available at ANY places) and as usual ... twin tower, butterfly park, museum, biggest flag, paliament hse, lau yat plaza (for yr latest windows), etc...
use the LRT - very easy and convienent.
But if u want to go where the local hip ppl go, stay in PJ and must go to Bangsar (for music, food, women and wine) :)
 

wind

New Member
Apr 30, 2002
25
0
0
38
Visit site
#5
lauLEE said:
depending on yr agenda ...... juz refer to the Tourist maps (most easily available at ANY places) and as usual ... twin tower, butterfly park, museum, biggest flag, paliament hse, lau yat plaza (for yr latest windows), etc...
use the LRT - very easy and convienent.
But if u want to go where the local hip ppl go, stay in PJ and must go to Bangsar (for music, food, women and wine) :)
hey thks.apprec it.
 

#6
I would recommend Jalan Alor food street around the bukit bintang area. If you stay around there, Ifeel its the best hunt for chicken wings, oyster eggs, satays, seafood, etc. Furthermore, its cheap !
 

lauLEE

New Member
Jun 8, 2003
237
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#7
tbteng said:
I would recommend Jalan Alor food street around the bukit bintang area. If you stay around there, Ifeel its the best hunt for chicken wings, oyster eggs, satays, seafood, etc. Furthermore, its cheap !
Good place for roadside food - like newton.
must try the first corner stall - chicken + salted fish claypot rice. That couple there for 36 years Probably RM6 for a good dinner - plently of chicken meat. Bring along yr wine or better still think of a way to pack back to yr hotel and eat with yr gf and of course the white wine ... sure heaven! That stretch is dark, smelly and dirty but the food there .... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummyyyyyy
 

excess

New Member
Jul 19, 2003
64
0
0
Visit site
#8
just go to SS2 the mamak square for cheap good local seafood/local food
good lobster at SS2 as well
go to chili's for really well priced and HUGE servings of mexican food
go to PJ state for various hawker food
 

scud

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,808
0
0
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
#9
not to forget Fatty Crab in Taman Megah, near SS2.
also, Kayu Nasi Kandar in Chow Yang, SS2, which is the best in M'sia.
 

busybobby

New Member
Oct 8, 2002
322
0
0
Singapore
#10
BBQ fish n longan shui at petaling street... very nice very famous...

coliseum steak house at jalan tunku abdul rahman...

porridge at batu caves...

alot more... ;)
 

G

gundamz

Guest
#11
remember to take photo of the food you have at KL!
 

zha

New Member
Feb 24, 2003
339
0
0
Eastside Singapore
Visit site
#12
nasi lemak at "madam kwan" KLCC

assam laksa at "Little Penang Café" @ mid valley

all other food sold by hawkers at makeshift stalls are generally nice and cheap, but beware, not everyone can take it though....
 

scud

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,808
0
0
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
#13
busybobby said:
BBQ fish n longan shui at petaling street... very nice very famous...
if you can take hot and super spicy food (bbq fish as recommended by busybobby) do not forget this stall located near this longan shui stall at petaling street. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom