good entry level DSLR cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyorz

Nov 23, 2007
Hi, can anyone suggest any good entry level cameras for me? i am new in this area. preferably cameras from sony? cause i think i can get discount for sony cameras :) thanks :)

Hi, can anyone suggest any good entry level cameras for me? i am new in this area. preferably cameras from sony? cause i think i can get discount for sony cameras :) thanks :)
1. Where are you located in this planet? It is useles to tell you a shop and you need to fly there.
2. Why post here when you have made up your mind about sony? why not post in sony's thread?

1. Where are you located in this planet? It is useles to tell you a shop and you need to fly there.
2. Why post here when you have made up your mind about sony? why not post in sony's thread?

Hey, why so touchy?? Be cool bro! ;)

For entry level, if you are thinking of Sony, then the model would be either a200, a300 or a350. Depend what you want or your expectation?

If you like live view, then a300 or a350. If you want tilt live view then go for a350. However, if you have constraint in budget and don't need live view, then go for a200.

As for performance, I don't think there would that much different between these 3 models.

Just my opinion.

Depending on your budget too..

If your budget is under 1k, get the A200, its only $888 with kit lens now, after your respective discount as you mentioned, you might get it for quite a cheap price..

If you need to have liveview, get the A300, for I personally do not recommend A350, which has higher MP.

For entry level, if you are thinking of Sony, then the model would be either a200, a300 or a350. Depend what you want or your expectation?

If you like live view, then a300 or a350. If you want tilt live view then go for a350. However, if you have constraint in budget and don't need live view, then go for a200.

As for performance, I don't think there would that much different between these 3 models.

Just my opinion.
a300 has tilt liveview too, both liveview systems are the same

The only difference between A300 and A350 is the megapixel count.

Means everything else is the same, thus making A350 noisier at high ISOs, thats why i recommend A300 over A350.

oh hi, i am from singapore :)
hmmm, in comparision to cameras of other brands, is it wise to start with a sony? or will you guys recommend me other brands?

whats the market price of a300 and a350
thanks alot :)

Last edited:
If you don't need live view, get the A200, the best price/performance entry level body on market right now IMHO. Save the extra cash for other stuff, such as CF cards, dry cab...

And yes, it is wise to start with a Sony.

Go to www.sony.com to find out about the MSRP of the A300.

Nikon, Canon, Sony and Pentax all offer good options. From entry level (inexpensive) to advance level.

hmmm, in comparision to cameras of other brands, is it wise to start with a sony? or will you guys recommend me other brands?

whats the market price of a300 and a350
thanks alot :)

Here. Visit this website. I don't think it is the cheapest. But it offers you a quick way to compare popular DSLRs. http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/index.php

please include the 4/3 (oly, panasonic)there is also some good deal....

Can check out entry level DSLR from Canon,Nikon,Olympus,Sony,Pentax,Panasonic.
Just check them and and depends on your budget too.

for myself i using a Sony A200
Very happy with it.

Entry level cams most are good enough for newbies.
if upgrading from a PnS cam, a entry DSLR will give you nicers pictures.
It's the man/woman behind the cam that counts

;)

Last edited:
a300 has tilt liveview too, both liveview systems are the same

The only difference between A300 and A350 is the megapixel count.

Means everything else is the same, thus making A350 noisier at high ISOs, thats why i recommend A300 over A350.

Oops... My mistake. Thanks for correction.

sony is an excellent system and took over the long legacy left by Minolta. The built-in IS helps too. It's a good system that leaves a lot of room for upgrade.

Hey, why so touchy?? Be cool bro! ;)
I am not, I hope you are not. :devil:
I am just stating the obvious as this is internet forum called clubsnap and not singapore snap or something.

good entry level cam =

vistaquest vq1005 :D:D:D

I think since you have make up ur mind in getting a Sony then check out Sony website on the pricing and the specs. If not try some other reviews site to decide. Take your time since the IT show is coming.. more freebies you will get from there. I myself is using the Sony A350. As some of the comment says here, I think it will helps you a lot. A100-A350 actually not much different. All the sony entry level camera somehow are the same, only slight differences. But let say if you wanted to crop the picture or develop a picture which is very big in size... then A350 will be good.
Maybe you can try to look at Canon and Nikon too. But the most important is... What is your budget? If you ask people here without telling your budget, its very hard to recommend.
My recommend is to buy a slightly better camera body and slowly buy some good lens. Maybe you can try A700 body if your budget is there. And buy lens from the buy/sell thread in this website.

I think since you have make up ur mind in getting a Sony then check out Sony website on the pricing and the specs. If not try some other reviews site to decide. Take your time since the IT show is coming.. more freebies you will get from there. I myself is using the Sony A350. As some of the comment says here, I think it will helps you a lot. A100-A350 actually not much different. All the sony entry level camera somehow are the same, only slight differences. But let say if you wanted to crop the picture or develop a picture which is very big in size... then A350 will be good.
Maybe you can try to look at Canon and Nikon too. But the most important is... What is your budget? If you ask people here without telling your budget, its very hard to recommend.
My recommend is to buy a slightly better camera body and slowly buy some good lens. Maybe you can try A700 body if your budget is there. And buy lens from the buy/sell thread in this website.

Sorry.... I only agree with the take your time and check out model at the IT show only.... for buying.... I think most here would recommend one of the more better camera shop.... MS, CP, John 3:16... etc. The freebies are useless most of the time anyway.

Let me summarise up the entry level sony cameras

A200 = Upgraded A100
A300 = A200 with liveview
A350 = A300 with extra megapixel count

Sorry.... I only agree with the take your time and check out model at the IT show only.... for buying.... I think most here would recommend one of the more better camera shop.... MS, CP, John 3:16... etc. The freebies are useless most of the time anyway.
Actually quite true if you are buying from Canon or Nikon.. but for Sony it often comes with quite a good deal with good freebies like extra battery, memory, screen protector, tripod and bag.. although some may not need but its still good for a newbie to have it :)
But ofcourse if you don't need all those thing and just want a good budget in pricing.. maybe try MSC and John. But I don think CP is good..

Status
Not open for further replies.