good entry level DSLR cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony A300, Canon 1000D, Oly E520
all these fits the bill
Entry level with Liveview.
;)

Is the Canon 450D considered an entry level DSLR? It's a pretty decent camera overall.

I was also choosing between 450D and A300....in the end I choose 450D mainly because the viewfinder is bigger and I feel more comfortable with it, the A300's LCD is kinda thick and makes me uncomfortable looking thru the small viewfinder. I think you should go to a mega-store( Courts, Harvey..) and have a feel of those models....choose the one u more comfortable with...

Happy choosing...

I was also choosing between 450D and A300....in the end I choose 450D mainly because the viewfinder is bigger and I feel more comfortable with it, the A300's LCD is kinda thick and makes me uncomfortable looking thru the small viewfinder. I think you should go to a mega-store( Courts, Harvey..) and have a feel of those models....choose the one u more comfortable with...

Happy choosing...

It's a trade-off. A300's live view implementation is alot better 450D's at expense of the viewfinder.

It's a trade-off. A300's live view implementation is alot better 450D's at expense of the viewfinder.

I agree that the A300's LV implementation is better than the 450D. However if you are shooting LV overhead portrait shots typical in taking event shots in a crowd without a ladder, the A300's titling LCD is useless.... :(

I agree that the A300's LV implementation is better than the 450D. However if you are shooting LV overhead portrait shots typical in taking event shots in a crowd without a ladder, the A300's titling LCD is useless.... :(

That is strange, i find it extremely useful for some of my shots using titling LCD in such events. :think:

That is strange, i find it extremely useful for some of my shots using titling LCD in such events. :think:

I was referring to "Overhead portrait shots", not landscape shots.... where the LCD can't tilt down... :bsmilie:

I was referring to "Overhead portrait shots", not landscape shots.... where the LCD can't tilt down... :bsmilie:

Tilt down? It can tilt about 45' facing down.

a300/a350 demo page

To me, is more than sufficient to take person on the stage (for typical events). Unless, you are talking about taking the picture where the person is not on the stage?

By the way, I did mention is for such events. I can't think of a situation where I need to raise my hand to take landscape. If it is for landscape, I would prefer a better location + tripod.

Last edited:
Tilt down? It can tilt about 45' facing down.

a300/a350 demo page

To me, is more than sufficient to take person on the stage (for typical events). Unless, you are talking about taking the picture where the person is not on the stage?

By the way, I did mention is for such events. I can't think of a situation where I need to raise my hand to take landscape. If it is for landscape, I would prefer a better location + tripod.

The A300/350 can only tilt down or up for landscape (orientation) & not portrait (orientation) shots unless those you see in the E3, G1, E620, etc

When I say "landscape shot" I meant landscape-orientation shots. And not landscape shots

Last edited:
The A300/350 can only tilt down or up for landscape (orientation) & not portrait (orientation) shots unless those you see in the E3, G1, E620, etc

When I say "landscape shot" I meant landscape-orientation shots. And not landscape shots

Nah... That is matter of preference. If you think it must be portrait orientation for a proper event shots, then a300/a350 is not for you.

Actually that time I was considering the 450D (w/18-200mm) & A300(w/18-250mm)... in the end I choose the 450D mainly due to the availability of potential market in the BnS section. :)

Good point. CANICON has a higher resale value as compared to it's rivals.

Nah... That is matter of preference. If you think it must be portrait orientation for a proper event shots, then a300/a350 is not for you.

Hmm... why not shooting a crowded event using LV overhead using the A300/350.... Because of the titling LCD, there would be an advantage when taking landscape-orientation shots but not with portrait-orientation shots. :think:

But nevertheless. the fast AF in LV is an advantage over most dslr, even though you won't get 100% view from the LCD during composition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.