Good digital camera under $200?

kentgy

Sep 23, 2010
Guys, any good digital camera under $200 to recommend?

I have recently developed some interest in photography after the influence of my friends

Am thinking of getting one camera under $200 to hone my 'skills' first before proceeding to the higher end DSLRs...

Any recommendations for a newbie like me?

Welcome to CS. :)

You might want to visit the Buy/Sell section and get a feel what will be the market price like for DSLR.

I tink probably top up abit n get a used dslr. A new compact with manual control won't be less than 200 as far as I know...

I have browsed through some of the buy sell threads..
The used DSLRs are no where near my budget of $200...
Any more recommendations?

I have browsed through some of the buy sell threads..
The used DSLRs are no where near my budget of $200...
Any more recommendations?

Don't get sucked into the 'you must have a DSLR to learn and get great photos' trap. Tons of great photos are not taken with DSLRs. ;) Go lurk around the buy/sell and see if there are any older prosumer models that can fit your budget.

Don't get sucked into the 'you must have a DSLR to learn and get great photos' trap. Tons of great photos are not taken with DSLRs. ;) Go lurk around the buy/sell and see if there are any older prosumer models that can fit your budget.

i second this.. a DSLR is just a tool...

there are many tools..

Prosumers are nice too~!!

i loved my Panasonic G1~!

But a second hand prosumers can easily fetch up to $300++...

a standard PnS from canon, nikon, samsung, panasonic is also 300+...

the $200 and below range is slightly unimaginable if you wanna get sth new and decent..

i am looking at fujifilm ax200

any reviews on this?

Guys, any good digital camera under $200 to recommend?

I have recently developed some interest in photography after the influence of my friends

Am thinking of getting one camera under $200 to hone my 'skills' first before proceeding to the higher end DSLRs...

Any recommendations for a newbie like me?

What about the camera of your mobile phone ?No cost to start with assuming you have a mobile phone that comes with camera which is very common these days ;)

cheapest DSLR i've purchased off CS BnS is an Olympus E300 w kit lens for just about your budget. You may want to try your luck on older sales threads where sellers may be keen to nego on prices to let go.

Rashkae link or just drop to mustapha centre, might have $200 range