Good day to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyer2

Mar 20, 2004
Payar Lebar
hi fellow Pentaxain, I have been nearly 1.5yrs never touch my camera and never login to clubsnap for long. Its good to see so many Pentax user nowadays, and realise that Fengwei already become moderator now.. that cool! :D

Just wanna get some opinion from you guys, is it worth to invest on the limited edition K10D?
Or go straight to next level K20D? Fyi, I m currently still carry my istD. ;p

Cheers..
Jeffery

Good day to you too.

From my view, if your camera is still able to satisfy your photographic needs and is "healthy" enough to last till the K20D release, why not wait for it? :)

yea, my istD still healthy, just some dust on the ccd. kekeke. The limited edition K10D looks cool, i had asked ard it cost ard $1590. any idea wats the market price for the normal K10D with grip? i guess the next level K20D should be cost ard $2k?:think:

hi fellow Pentaxain, I have been nearly 1.5yrs never touch my camera and never login to clubsnap for long. Its good to see so many Pentax user nowadays, and realise that Fengwei already become moderator now.. that cool! :D

Just wanna get some opinion from you guys, is it worth to invest on the limited edition K10D?

Cheers..
Jeffery

Hi Jeffery,

well, i think it will depends on your needs and passion for photography with pentax gears. Similarly to you, I was using istD for quite some time even when k10d is launched a year back. What I feel is that any camera as long as its a SLR is a good camera when you put it to the best. I went for k10d limited a couple of months back because I love my pentax gears a lot. The limited k10d came on and I didn't mind paying a few hundreds more over normal k10d. Its really a very good camera that is worth every cents.

And of course if you don't fancy the limited k10d, then you probably able to wait till the next level k20d. The k20d will definitely make all of us here drool over....

Still... whether k10d or k20d... they are all good camera in good hand. =)

I also love my DA21. The tiny is mounted on my camera all the time everywhere I go. So much so that I ignore using all the rest of my lenses. minimum focusing is less than 20cm which is very handy for my style of pictures.

cheerss...

hi fellow Pentaxain, I have been nearly 1.5yrs never touch my camera and never login to clubsnap for long. Its good to see so many Pentax user nowadays, and realise that Fengwei already become moderator now.. that cool!

Cheers..
Jeffery

Hi Jeffery,

Long time no see. I've been wondering where you've been, thought you left Pentax already ... It's so good to see you back to the forum again :)

Still remember the early days when I joined Pentax, actually I learned quite a bit about Pentax from you. Can't imagine you haven't touched your camera for 1.5 years :eek:

The K10D GP Limited Edition is a very cool camera, nice looking w/ great built quality. I like mine alot, I'm sure you'd like it too. But as some suggested above, if you are happy with your "ancient" D, then just keep using it until the new K20D comes to the market (in another 5 to 6 months probably). Even so, the K10D GP might become a collector's item (only 5000 of them were made). So I guess I'd keep mine even after I buy the K20D :cool:

Hope you'd come to the forum more often, and would be great if I'd see you again someday soon :D

yea, my istD still healthy, just some dust on the ccd. kekeke. The limited edition K10D looks cool, i had asked ard it cost ard $1590. any idea wats the market price for the normal K10D with grip? i guess the next level K20D should be cost ard $2k?:think:

The local price for K10D hasn't dropped ever since it's released here over a year ago. You still need to pay about 1250 for the body, and around 200 for the grip. The best deal probably you can get is around 1400 for the set. If you really want to get the K10D, I'd get the K10D GP if I were you ;)

The price for K20D hasn't confirmed yet, but probably would cost around the same price as the Sony A700, or probably slightly lower.

Hi Jeffery,

Long time no see. I've been wondering where you've been, thought you left Pentax already ... It's so good to see you back to the forum again

Still remember the early days when I joined Pentax, actually I learned quite a bit about Pentax from you. Can't imagine you haven't touched your camera for 1.5 years :eek:

The K10D GP Limited Edition is a very cool camera, nice looking w/ great built quality. I like mine alot, I'm sure you'd like it too. But as some suggested above, if you are happy with your "ancient" D, then just keep using it until the new K20D comes to the market (in another 5 to 6 months probably). Even so, the K10D GP might become a collector's item (only 5000 of them were made). So I guess I'd keep mine even after I buy the K20D :cool:

Hope you'd come to the forum more often, and would be great if I'd see you again someday soon :D

hi Fengwei, yea i still remember our 1st outing at Batanic garden long ago :)
I still like my istD, the reason i m considering on K10D was the SR mode which i think it is good to have one since most DSLR in the market now already have this function.
yes, the GP version surely is good for collector's item. :thumbsup:

Welcome back.:bsmilie: I will said go for the K10D GP version as compared to the normal K10D with battery grip, probably the price is about $100-$200 difference.:)

The "K20D" will cost more than the K10D and probably above $2K.

If the istD works for you, stick with it. Its light and compact.
The K100D Super adds anti-shake (AS) and CCD dust removal system but if your images have been razor sharp, then likely you do not need the AS at all. Try not to upgrade for upgrade's sake. Just because the K10D is good does not mean the older istD series is bad too.
I previously used the istDL and loved its compact size and lightweight. But I needed the AS as my hand not so steady ;), so I upgraded....

If you must upgrade and mostly shoot in jpg, note that the jpg images has been reviewed to be better on the K100D. K10D shines in raw but somehow its jpg quality is not as good as the K100D.

cheers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.