Good brands of Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinywh

Sep 11, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi,would like to know which brands of filters for UV and CP is good?
currently would like to invest on a good set of UV and CP.
There is now a very thin (3mm) of Cp from Hoya right?Anybody knows how much is it?

...eh... anyone know where I can find 28mm or 37mm star and closeup+4 filters? ;p
(yes, I know those thread sizes are really rare...CP doesn't have them...)

Azure said:
...eh... anyone know where I can find 28mm or 37mm star and closeup+4 filters? ;p
(yes, I know those thread sizes are really rare...CP doesn't have them...)

Try B&H New York

edwinywh said:
Hi,would like to know which brands of filters for UV and CP is good?
currently would like to invest on a good set of UV and CP.
There is now a very thin (3mm) of Cp from Hoya right?Anybody knows how much is it?

The Ultra Thin filters from HOYA, do not have a filter thread in front and hence the lens cap cannot grip the filter thread and you cannot attach the lens cap on it.

Winston said:
The Ultra Thin filters from HOYA, do not have a filter thread in front and hence the lens cap cannot grip the filter thread and you cannot attach the lens cap on it.

yah,I read about it too~.Was considering whether to buy it or not only.Was thinking of just maybe buy good UV filter with front thread.

edwinywh said:
yah,I read about it too~.Was considering whether to buy it or not only.Was thinking of just maybe buy good UV filter with front thread.

try B+W. Expensive though

Guys,any idea of where to obtain more imformation of different brands of filters?I mean as in the specs of it.

Winston said:

Yup am facing this problem right now... can't put the lens cap on it and have to walk around without it...

Anyone has any solution to this problem?

BluesJr said:
Yup am facing this problem right now... can't put the lens cap on it and have to walk around without it...

Anyone has any solution to this problem?

I always dun use a lens cap and just dump my lens onto my camera bag. Lens cap is very troublesome and each time you are taking picture, you need to remove it. Since the filter is there to protect the front elements of the lens, the use of lens cap is a waste of time!
;)

XXX Boy said:
I always dun use a lens cap and just dump my lens onto my camera bag. Lens cap is very troublesome and each time you are taking picture, you need to remove it. Since the filter is there to protect the front elements of the lens, the use of lens cap is a waste of time!
;)

WOW wee!U are very HIONG! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

XXX Boy said:
;)

So do you use disposable filters? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.