Good Active Speakers for laptops recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwtan12

Jan 25, 2007
Sin
Budget not really an issue but value for $ is. Anyone can recommend?

Do you need it to be very portable? What are your usage like? Music? Movies? Or gaming?

Well, you can consider speakers like Aego M, Audioengine A2, Klipsch GMX2.1 or Creative T20. If it is for music, you may want to consider to hook up the speakers through an external USB DAC for better sound quality.

Do you need it to be very portable? What are your usage like? Music? Movies? Or gaming?

Well, you can consider speakers like Aego M, Audioengine A2, Klipsch GMX2.1 or Creative T20. If it is for music, you may want to consider to hook up the speakers through an external USB DAC for better sound quality.

Yes, I need them to be portable for classical and Jazz. Anything less than 2kg is ok. Is there any from speaker manufacturers (bsides the Klipsch you mentioned) and not gadget brands?

Yes, I need them to be portable for classical and Jazz. Anything less than 2kg is ok. Is there any from speaker manufacturers (bsides the Klipsch you mentioned) and not gadget brands?

Then a 2.1 speaker system will not be suitable as they are not so portable.

I will suggest that you try the Audioengine A2.
http://www.audioengineusa.com/a2_home.php

Since it is for music, do consider adding in a usb dac like GoVibe Petite DAC or Ordnance DAC-1. It'll definitely beat the sound output from your laptop speaker out.

Bose Computer MusicMonitors.

They are not exactly audiophile-quality, but for portability, you can't go wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.