Good AAA Rechargeable Batteries for Flash

AnOasis

Apr 19, 2011
Hi All,

Any one here can recommend good AAA batteries brand for camera flashes?

I just bought the Sony hvl f20m flash which uses AAA batteries.

I thought of using GP Recyclo+ pro batteries (800 mah) but not sure are they any good.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Cheers!

Get the pack from IKEA (named LADDA), they are as good as any of the big brands according some tests.

In my opinion GP batteries regardless of whether rechargeable or non-rechargeable type, are lousy. And the GP non-rechargeable type tend to leak which destroys your expensive flash equipment with corrosive chemicals. Although GP may have improved over the years, I do not wish to take the risk again.
Eneloop rechargeable batteries seem alright. I have tried the Ikea rechargeable batteries but personal preference is for Eneloop. There are two types. White and Black. The black Eneloop is the Eneloop Pro that cost more. Since your flash is a Sony flash, why did you not take a look at Sony Rechargeable batteries?
If price is not a problem, you can consider Lithium AAA batteries (they are non-rechargeable) for your flash. Energizer is one of the brands.

Last edited:
How about the charger? Does Ikea sell the charger or I can use any charger (e.g. my old GP battery charger?)
IKEA also sells chargers, but I would recommend investing in a good (= intelligent) charger that let's you set slow charging, cycling etc. These charging modes will help you to keep your rechargeable batteries in good shape.