Good 2nd hand camera shop in Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ris Goh

Jul 27, 2004
any one can recommend a reputable 2nd hand shop in Melbourne?

me thinking of selling some spare canon stuff there while I'm holidaying around ;)

thnx!

Hi Ris,
I dunno this is helpful or not....u can try Michael Camera in Melbourne. Here is the link http://www.michaels.com.au/. It is very close to Chinatown.
Honestly, I doubt you can get a good price unless the item is new or in demand.
Alternatively, Why not post you item in Ebay Australia? ;)

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Hi Ris,

I remember there were two shops in downtown Melbourne, somewhere alongthe main road where thetans are travelling. One shop is at a corner along this road, and the other is slightly deeper inside (more pro)......have fun!

Hong Sien

wow hongsien, your description very good leh? any idea which street? victoria
st?

"thetans"? you meant trams? is it close to vic market?

thnx benign, checking out their webpage now :)

tried van bar? vanbar.com.au

I'm pretty sure Michaels sell new items - haven't seen them sell second hand items before, unless they've started doing since I last went.

There are a couple of second hand camera stores near that area, can't remember their names, but if you walk up Lonsdale street from the Elizabeth Street intersection, there were a couple of second hand shops on the left the last time I was down there.

gooseberry said:
I'm pretty sure Michaels sell new items - haven't seen them sell second hand items before, unless they've started doing since I last went.

There are a couple of second hand camera stores near that area, can't remember their names, but if you walk up Lonsdale street from the Elizabeth Street intersection, there were a couple of second hand shops on the left the last time I was down there.

reading these names make me think of my time in melbourne studying... :(

miss melbourne... miss the fried ice-cream ...

good luck..

i think its better to post on ebay australia.. rather than carrying those stuff around... dun think u get a good price going to those shops but u can try ur luck..

:)

:) Ris,

I think you betta think twice about selling your items this way. Coz u dun have black and white with the buyers...once you stuck with your goods in a foreign land. They can give alot of excuses ...like condition of the goods is not up to spec. No warranty...bla bla bla.... :confused:

Let me know when you coming...I will let you make some pocket $. As I do need some gears from Sg too......D70 eyecup, eclipse cleanning fluids, manfrotto 190DB with 460Mg head. Sure you coming? LOL :sweat:

:bigeyes: I am serious ley....why? I am living in Melbourne lor.

k3nn3th03,
U miss fried ice cream....do it yourself laa...it is simple. Make the ice cream into a ball ...abit smaller than tennis ball. Then cover it with bread crumb...put it back to fridge.
Once solid, deep fried it in hot oil. As the outer layer start to turn light brown...take it out immediately. and add some liquor and set it alight....
U have a firey ice cream ball liao lor...... :sticktong

k3nn3th03 said:
reading these names make me think of my time in melbourne studying... :(

miss melbourne... miss the fried ice-cream ...

Hahaha... fried ice-cream is good!

Ris :bsmilie:
Check out this link too
http://www.cameraexchange.com.au/php/index.php

In this particular street: Elizabeth Street, u can find camera shops like Michael, Ted and Camera Exchange there. While you around, dun forget to go Victoria Market. It is not far away...open on Tuesday, Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. :angel:

Benign said:
Ris :bsmilie:
Check out this link too
http://www.cameraexchange.com.au/php/index.php

In this particular street: Elizabeth Street, u can find camera shops like Michael, Ted and Camera Exchange there. While you around, dun forget to go Victoria Market. It is not far away...open on Tuesday, Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday. :angel:

good recommendation! look for carl if he is still working there. otherwise it the next person is john. plenty of items lying around this shop. can bargain for the right price. :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Thanks!!!

this is my 2nd trip there already but the 1st was honeymooning so not much time to go around mel city other than vic market and chinatown to meet wife's friend there (she stayed there for 3 yrs)....

this time round going with 1yr old baby so i don't think i have any space to do marketing for you mel guys, sorry.... already cracking my head to squeeze all our baby stuffs into 2 bags :(

actually i was thinking of maybe selling an eos elan there (at end of trip) which i'll bring as backup in case my 20D dies, heehee ;) or maybe even an ef100-400IS if i can get one before i leave for the trip!

btw any good place at Discovery Bay (after Portland) for birds? preferrably near to carpark ;)

btw how's the weather there now? i'll be there in 2 weeks time ;)

this is my 2nd trip there already but the 1st was honeymooning so not much time to go around mel city other than vic market and chinatown to meet wife's friend there (she stayed there for 3 yrs)....

No problem Ris :) U will have a great time :thumbsup: Not so sure about birds by the car park. But the scenery along the Great Ocean Road should be more than enough to kill those shutters of your....LOL. (touch wood)

Weathere wise ? I wouldn't bet on anything.....Just remember to bring along warm clothing as always. Coz you are near coastal areas and you are not yet acclimatised :sticktong
In two weeks time, it should be March....considered Autumn liao. You might just lucky enough to catch Moomba Festival and Grand Prix too.

normally in march is starts to get a little cooler. it is stilll warm during the day but cooler during night time. should be between 13-27. it's just the start of autumn. so, the leaves will start turn a slight yellowish. as now is changing from summer to autumn, so the weather is very erractic. day time cold about 13 C. Noon about 28 C. Early afternoon the temp should drop down to 20 C and it will be windy and raining. Then night time could be back to 13 C.

GOR was the main theme in my honeymoon trip and we went as far as Allansford (cheese world).... total about 8 rolls of film just for the GOR part :) this time round we'll be going to grampians and port fairy area for about a week, then back to mel region for friend's wedding and maybe dandenongs, mornington penisular region and philip island for a few more days :lovegrin:

weather shouldn't be a problem for me since our last trip was in sept and we had a cold chilly front and i was enjoying it :thumbsup: haha.... and my little girl can sleep in aircon room without any blanket (she'll kick them off herself) while me and my wife are well covered in thick blanket!

i'll be arriving after the grandprix, whew! lodging and car rental is a big problem during that period! but march seems to be a very hot period as it took us quite a while to get the car we wanted...... mit outlander (4wd) heehee.
hope all goes well for this trip as its our first long trip with our 1yr old girl ;)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.