Gonna buy a used D70, what to take note when trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriGri

Deregistered
Mar 27, 2005
GB
meettomy.site
Going to buy a 2nd hand DSLR Nikon D70 Kit from a friend in the forum. It's said to be 8 mths old and only 114 shutter count.

May I know what should i take note of other than checking the dead pixel on CCD, LCD, accessories and warranty card? I will be carrying my laptop down to check the shutter count.

And also, how to check the body and lens condition?

Thanks.

take it for test shots? see if it dies after awhile..like mine did...took me a month to get it repaired.....initially took a long time to start up...the CF card lamp kept blinking like crazy....then it wouldn't start at all...so yeah...

Do a search in the Nikon sub-forum for the exif reader software ("Opxxx" something), free download, that displays the ACTUAL shutter count, even if the counter number is being reset.

GriGri said:
Going to buy a 2nd hand DSLR Nikon D70 Kit from a friend in the forum. It's said to be 8 mths old and only 114 shutter count.

May I know what should i take note of other than checking the dead pixel on CCD, LCD, accessories and warranty card? I will be carrying my laptop down to check the shutter count.

Thanks.

not bad, at least 4 months warranty left for peace of mind. just double check the shutter count using the opanda exif viewer. ;)

new here, wad is a shutter count, y we need to check for shutter count?

zhuangyan said:
new here, wad is a shutter count, y we need to check for shutter count?

shutter count is the number which shows the amount of shots you have taken using the specific digital camera lor. the shutter count is like ur camera's life count. the more u shoot, the more the sensor gets worn down... something like ur eraser lor. the more u erase, the faster u finish ur eraser... understand? :confused:

GriGri said:

Thanks.

better to get an experience guy to go with u lor. if not, other than the above mentioned, since u are taking ur laptop there, play with the settings n take a few shots and load immediately into ur laptop. then check lor.

and also ask for like 3 days warranty or something lar... safer. remember to check, THoROUGHLY....

GriGri said:

Thanks.

1. check the serial number of lens and receipt tallies

2. check lens for fungus(look thru light) and dust

3. set to manual, leave lens cap on, take a pic. if have red dots, u have hot pixels. need to go Nikon SC and remap

4. shoot a white piece of paper. if have black spots, might be dead pixels(assuming that lens is ok)

5. scratches on body

6. zoom ur lens, check the motor is ok.

7. pop up the flash, make sure its firing ok

8. test the auto focus of the lens

9. overall aesthetics of the cam

10. even if u have any probs, u can bring to nikon to fix since have warranty.

i hope this helps, not sure if they're accurate. seniors pls help...
enjoy ur new toy :)

jonlou said:
shutter count is the number which shows the amount of shots you have taken using the specific digital camera lor. the shutter count is like ur camera's life count. the more u shoot, the more the sensor gets worn down... something like ur eraser lor. the more u erase, the faster u finish ur eraser... understand? :confused:
u mean aftter some years the sensor will spoil and need to send for repair? :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.