gonna buy a D70s w Flash & lenses need suggestions~

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhang3feng

Dec 27, 2005
SG
www.zhang3feng.com
Hi guys,

I finally decided to get a D70s rather then a 2nd hand 20D...
But i need some suggestions on lenses.

I gonna get
1) D70s Kit + free 1 gb cf (from CP)
2) SB800 Flash (should i get from CP too or else where?)
3) Extra battery- EN-EL3a (from CP)
4) Sigma 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DC HSM
or Tamron SP AF 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 DI II LD IF
or just a Nikon Prime lens- AF 50mm f/1.8D (from CP)
5) A good camera backpack (any suggestions?)
6) and lastly a Dry Cabinet or box (any suggestions too??)

My total budget is $3K MAX. If u suggest getting a Nikkor 12-24mm VR lens which cost $1600++ Sad to say.. how i wish it would appear right infront of me like "poooh!"

FYI i have been shooting alot using my friends' DSLR so i'm no newbie to DSLR, but only to the accessories like bag, filter or lenes... Previously i'm using a semi SLR Olympus C-4000... survived for 3 years with me but i really cannot tahan the noise level anymore and have been planning for a replacement for the past 1 year...

pls enlighten me guys!

thank u all ;)

D70S Kit + SB-800 + 50 f/1.8 + dry cabinet.

The rest can wait.

Get the D70s/Sb800/50 f1.8 and not forgetting the dry cabinet(30L size) will set you back by about $2700..

Go for a digi cabi 30L dry cabinet for a start, cost about $99 and available from carrefour or other shops. Check out the website @ http://www.digihub.com.sg

As for backpack, I am using a tamrac velocity 9 slingbag. Check out the website @ http://www.tamrac.com

laforge said:
Get the D70s/Sb800/50 f1.8 and not forgetting the dry cabinet(30L size) will set you back by about $2700..

Go for a digi cabi 30L dry cabinet for a start, cost about $99 and available from carrefour or other shops. Check out the website @ http://www.digihub.com.sg

As for backpack, I am using a tamrac velocity 9 slingbag. Check out the website @ http://www.tamrac.com
Actually... I suggest a larger capacity, say maybe 60L... trust me... hee.

espn said:
Actually... I suggest a larger capacity, say maybe 60L... trust me... hee.

Hmmmm... you are right... I started with a 20L and ended up with a 80L :bsmilie: ... A 60L will cost about $168

laforge said:
Hmmmm... you are right... I started with a 20L and ended up with a 80L :bsmilie: ... A 60L will cost about $168
I started with 50L... ended up with 80L and still thinking of adding another 80L :bsmilie:

laforge said:
Hmmm just for the S4?? :bigeyes:
Yeah I bought a lot of AA batteries and AA charger so that my S4 won't run out of batteries :embrass:

i heard that u cannot put lens which kenna fugus with new/cleans lenes in the same place or same dry box... is tat true???

zhang3feng said:
i heard that u cannot put lens which kenna fugus with new/cleans lenes in the same place or same dry box... is tat true???

/touch wood

Never had that experience so I cannot comment ;p

:confused:

hmmm... fugus lens can spread n infect other lenes... ???

really no idea.. coz my old SLR lens is infected... wonder will it spread like bird flu if put the new n old camera together in the drybox?!

espn said:
D70S Kit + SB-800 + 50 f/1.8 + dry cabinet.

The rest can wait.

You are not feeling unwell today, are you?

I was expecting to read your usual...

D2X, 17-35AFS, 28-70AFS, 80-200AFS, SB800..BUY, BUY, BUY!!!

:sweat:

espn said:
Yeah I bought a lot of AA batteries and AA charger so that my S4 won't run out of batteries :embrass:

:bsmilie:

D70s kit + SB800 + Crumpler Bag + UV filter.

1 batt will do. wait untill your batt getting slower to be charged up, or faster to be flat that time, then only you buy a new one. it's more like h/p batt.

bag must carry body + 2 lenses + flash, dry cab can wait. cause your cam always in the bag. but must store your bag in dry place. IMHO

zhang3feng said:

really no idea.. coz my old SLR lens is infected... wonder will it spread like bird flu if put the new n old camera together in the drybox?!
This one also new for me.....

I don't think so, but anyone can clarify?

Thanks!
Regards,
Arto.

zhang3feng said:

Mushrooms are actually fungus also, so how did they reproduce? Via spores located underneath the head, same thing for len, there's fungus spores also.

espn said:
Mushrooms are actually fungus also, so how did they reproduce? Via spores located underneath the head, same thing for len, there's fungus spores also.
So, it is better not to have circulated air in dry cab to prevent it spread to other lenses :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.