gonna buy a D70s w Flash & lenses need suggestions~

Status
Not open for further replies.
zhang3feng said:
oops & thanks.. ur advice came abit late.. coz i just brought my D70s Kit + SB 800 + AFS Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D + Lowepro Mini Terkker AW backpack & 2 hoya lens filter... total for $2715

he didnt gimmi discount after even i ask many times n didnt even gimmi the 2 lens filter free.. sob:cry:

Mebbe because you got the AFS Nikkor 50mm f1.8D. :bsmilie:
AFAIK, there is no such beast.

True, but I find the bag useful, one of those smaller bags and still able to pack in my 70-200 f2.8 plus SB800 plus 3-4 lens. Believe it or not but the Photo Runner is also a very useful bag if you are in to smaller bags. I can pack in 1 body with 18-200mm, sb800, 12-24 and a FE with room to spare.

espn said:
YMMV, everybody's mileage is different. I don't find it useful.

:cry: this is so disheartening...

on friday night i have to rush back to MS to exchange my D70s Kit.. WHY!?;(

b'coz the body's CCD is packed with dust! and i didn't know about this until i did test shot on landscape at F/18-22! which then i notice there's specks of blacks spots in the picture..

at 1st i tot is the lens... then after changing lens.. i found out that the spots appeared in the same place... then i knew it's sh*t for me! at f/22 the specs of dust becomes even more obvious.. u can even see the dust's pattern & shape (if u shoot a clean white sheet of paper)

i didn't knew about the dust when testig & buying at MS on thursday.. maybe i overlooked at the apeture and tested to F/8 which every seems alrite.. (at F/8 the dusts on the CCD cannot be seen coz it's blur & not clear at all)

And even exchanging the new body, i test shoot on a white piece of paper @ F/22 n notice there's still 2 tiny little black dust at the 2 opposite corners... i told the salesman abt it & he said that it's like this.. coz there's no 100% dust free even if it's new... ( dunno true or not la...) :dunno:

but anyway i needed the body urgently and decided that body coz there's no other D70s kit on stock for anymore exchanges... :( hai...

such a stupid but valuable experience:think: wonder anyone experience something like that before??

Dust is everywhere, unless they vacumm packed it inside a clean room. even then I wouldnt be surprised to fine 1 speck of dust in a body.

Sheesh... how often you shoot at f/18-22 to even be so conscious of the dust :rolleyes:

my D70s was made in Thailand.... bought abt 1 month ago from AP... does the new models all came from Thailand..

my friend's D70 don't have any labels to indicate place of manufacturing.. so does it came from Japan?

All D70 and D200 comes from Thailand. Some dust if not significant may be OK but if alot than better go to Nikon to get it cleaned since still under warrenty.

dAoNi said:
my D70s was made in Thailand.... bought abt 1 month ago from AP... does the new models all came from Thailand..

my friend's D70 don't have any labels to indicate place of manufacturing.. so does it came from Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.