Gone... gone... gone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

Jurong Road Track 22 had been sealed off. At the northen end, Jalan Lam Sam end had also been sealed off.

So has Ama Keng Road. The end had been sealed off.
All for army purposes.

National Stadium, Scotts Shopping Centre are going to be demolished.

Any more soon-to-be-gone places, post here.

saf bo liu, cannot have so many overseas ex. cutting costs ehnce train locally :sticktong

Klose said:
saf bo liu, cannot have so many overseas ex. cutting costs ehnce train locally :sticktong

I looking to overseas ex for reservist leh.....local damn sian. :confused:

Wah lao Lam sam! Wah lao Ama Keng! Horror memories. ;(

redstone said:
Why?

I actually wanted to go Lam Sam. So ulu, very nice..... But in the end discovered it was sealed up! :cry:

go there for what? take photos?:sticktong

redstone said:
Why?

I actually wanted to go Lam Sam. So ulu, very nice..... But in the end discovered it was sealed up! :cry:

When there for ex many times during NS days. So naturally its a sucky place to me. :bsmilie: I still can remember the very tall grass, gate and rotten discarded durian husks.....plus our super warm and humid weather. :confused:

West_ray said:
national stadium going to demolish? i thought renovation only?

yes the national stadium will be taken down. it will be replaced with a new stadium.

Exactly. Why would you ever want to go to those places? I went to Poyan, Track 13, Mandai, Sarimbun, Lentor, Tuas areas during my Army days for exercises, if I never go there again, it will be too soon. Why would you ever want to go to those featureless, hot, mosquito-filled and god-forsaken places?

Although I must say that flying over Poyan reservoir at night in a Super Puma is quite a romantic experience, with the lights of Johor in the distance and the twinkling lights from ships in the Straits of Malacca, but really, it's no loss for photography.

Wai Leong
===

afbug said:
When there for ex many times during NS days. So naturally its a sucky place to me. :bsmilie: I still can remember the very tall grass, gate and rotten discarded durian husks.....plus our super warm and humid weather. :confused:

West_ray said:
is the date fixed? where will the new stadium be at?

sorry can't help as i am not sure about that, can contact national sports council for details i believe :)

redstone said:
Why?

you must be one person like me! i love to go there to, to the rest it may just be a old muddy track but in there got lots of secret places ;p
especially you are those fruit trees lover..wah....alot alot within the forest. well last time i explore driving and riding in but now it is only possible with riding!! shh...secret entry!

the old CID HQ at Maxwell road is all sealed up with the blue canopy as well... not sure is it tearing down or conserving?

waileong said:
Although I must say that flying over Poyan reservoir at night in a Super Puma is quite a romantic experience, with the lights of Johor in the distance and the twinkling lights from ships in the Straits of Malacca,
===
He!he! Yeah, quite romantic with your fellow army buddies holed up inside the Puma, isn't it? :)

HS

Old building tear down make way for new ones.
Churn the economy ma.

Scotts would be redeveloped into a 40 storey plus tower developement with shopping centre at the base. It's going to be torn down maybe next year.

As for National Stadium, it's about the same time. A new stadium and sports hub would be built.

The old Traffic Police HQ is a conserved building. A design centre would occupy it.

;) ;) ;)

redstone said:
Scotts would be redeveloped into a 40 storey plus tower developement with shopping centre at the base. It's going to be torn down maybe next year.

As for National Stadium, it's about the same time. A new stadium and sports hub would be built.

The old Traffic Police HQ is a conserved building. A design centre would occupy it.

;) ;) ;)
Wah you like very interestd in old buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.