Golden Trick

ryhuz

Dec 25, 2011
Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom
Hi, if you've seen my other picture on the critique corner, you'll know that it's nearing the 2nd anniversary of my camera and i wanted to get a wider scope of opinions about my photos. This is another one of my favourites from one of my cycling trips in Exeter, UK, where I study. No significant post-processing on this photo. Saw a group of kids doing tricks on their BMXs and while I didn't actually manage to catch a good shot of a trick, I felt this was pretty good.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I really like the composition and the framing with the trees, but I want to know what you think. anything that should be hidden or brought out a bit more?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
like before, I want to expand my audience slightly, and get a wider scope of public opinions

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
yet another 'chasing sunset' shot. happened to pass by this place and saw the opportunity. wanted to take one with the bikes really flying but this is the best I got.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I love golden hour photos like this. and non-HDR, technique-wise, I feel this is one of my best shots.

Shizuma

Mar 19, 2012
it would have been lovely if you had caught him airborne.

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
Hi, if you've seen my other picture on the critique corner, you'll know that it's nearing the 2nd anniversary of my camera and i wanted to get a wider scope of opinions about my photos. This is another one of my favourites from one of my cycling trips in Exeter, UK, where I study. No significant post-processing on this photo. Saw a group of kids doing tricks on their BMXs and while I didn't actually manage to catch a good shot of a trick, I felt this was pretty good.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I really like the composition and the framing with the trees, but I want to know what you think. anything that should be hidden or brought out a bit more?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
like before, I want to expand my audience slightly, and get a wider scope of public opinions

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
yet another 'chasing sunset' shot. happened to pass by this place and saw the opportunity. wanted to take one with the bikes really flying but this is the best I got.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I love golden hour photos like this. and non-HDR, technique-wise, I feel this is one of my best shots.

BEAUTIFUL

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
Nicely done. I like it.

The only thing that I would suggest is to reduce the dark spaces at the bottom.

Cheers
IMHO, the dark spaces look ok to me in proportion and balance, about a third. and it is also not totally dark, got some details.

ryhuz

Dec 25, 2011
Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom
Nicely done. I like it.

The only thing that I would suggest is to reduce the dark spaces at the bottom.

Cheers
IMHO, the dark spaces look ok to me in proportion and balance, about a third. and it is also not totally dark, got some details.
now that you draw attention to the dark spots, it does look like a lot of detail is lost. but i think if there's more detail to the ramps and background bushes, it might lose it's novelty as a silhouette shot.

thank you for the compliments though :)

pentlynk

Aug 19, 2010
West
www.flickr.com
Liked the composition and color very much. But perhaps the subject matter of this art is not immediately recognizable ?

nitewalk

Staff member
May 31, 2010
Singapore
Would be a real winner if he was airborne, but as it is, it struck me as a good shot. Well done! I like this.

Top Bottom