Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
sunset at Matilda House today ...

golden_stream.jpg

breathtaking shot.

Very interesting, you mean you stitched 3 shots together? :)

how u do that ???

nice shot :thumbsup:

Ramius75 said:
how u do that ???

nice shot :thumbsup:

just take 3 shots and combine in PS, meter off the same place for more consistent lighting (can use AE lock also) had a tripod so it's much easier. 2 shots would have sufficed originally but to correct the distortion of the house and the elements along the horizon a shot 'in the middle' had to be taken. :) this earlier shot was done stitching 2 shots, no element in the middle that 'needs' distortion correction so only 2 shots is required.

Francis247 said:
Very very nice shot. Splendid. Don't mind me asking, Are the ripples on the puddles of water caused by wind?

thanks Francis, yes the wind contributed, but the water isn't exactly stagnant as it's draining off slowly somewhere further away. :)

eikin said:
just take 3 shots and combine in PS, meter off the same place for more consistent lighting (can use AE lock also) had a tripod so it's much easier. 2 shots would have sufficed originally but to correct the distortion of the house and the elements along the horizon a shot 'in the middle' had to be taken. :) this earlier shot was done stitching 2 shots, no element in the middle that 'needs' distortion correction so only 2 shots is required.

i see, but how about the ripples on the water ? will there be a continuity problem ?

Ramius75 said:
i see, but how about the ripples on the water ? will there be a continuity problem ?

continuity problem? i think you mean when merging the pictures? that's where one needs to develop one's own technique ;)

eikin said:
continuity problem? i think you mean when merging the pictures? that's where one needs to develop one's own technique ;)

are the shots taken in vertical or horizontal ? I never tried merging pictures before, so very curious. ;p

Ramius75 said:
are the shots taken in vertical or horizontal ? I never tried merging pictures before, so very curious. ;p

they are taken horizontally :)

there are full of resources on the web if you need, just google it

eikin said:
they are taken horizontally :)

there are full of resources on the web if you need, just google it

Ok, thanks, thats explained alot. ;)

exhibitj said:
wow! this is one great pano shot! Where's this place?

thanks :) the house in the picture is Matilda House in Punggol, gazetted for conservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.