Golden Rays

xjosephtbr

Feb 3, 2014
Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and Technique

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To take better photos with patterns composition

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
3 Exposures HDRi at shutters 5,15 & 25s, ISO 100 F11

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Something just seems out of place.

This is a very messy photograph. I can definitely see some repetitive patterns here and there but the intention didn't came through. You probably realised that yourself. Try to work with bits and pieces within the scene and isolate one or a few elements.

Actually i thought it will be a better idea to rotate the photo. It will make the photo more interesting, with the bottom glass area reflecting the top and probably will make people to take a second look.

14993697023_7e82188918.jpg

Actually i thought it will be a better idea to rotate the photo. It will make the photo more interesting, with the bottom glass area reflecting the top and probably will make people to take a second look.
No, it remains messy without a clear focus point. Kit gave a good advice that helped me in similar situations: use the cropping tool of your software and isolate areas of the picture. I could think of the lower third of the original image in a 16:9 ratio.
But the main question remains: what exactly do you want to show here? What caught your eye that you want to present to the viewer? Nail that and you will know what to do with the picture.

No, it remains messy without a clear focus point. Kit gave a good advice that helped me in similar situations: use the cropping tool of your software and isolate areas of the picture. I could think of the lower third of the original image in a 16:9 ratio.
But the main question remains: what exactly do you want to show here? What caught your eye that you want to present to the viewer? Nail that and you will know what to do with the picture.

To imitate light rays with the protruding walls. okay so i crop a section of it and mirror it in photoshop. what do you think. Pardon my mirroring skills.

still too messy in my opinion. light rays usually emanate out from a singular source. the pillars, walkways and struts are all different and are all over the place as well. that's the reason why i find it messy, too many subjects to properly focus on what you're trying to convey

As the others have mentioned, you can try cropping your image and adjusting your white balance, for the best artistic results.
e.g.
15609246215_51e46b70d9_e.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway check this out i did a bit mirroring n clone stempeen n voila.
have to somehow undistort the photo.
doesnt look like light rays so i shall call it 'dazzle me beams' xP

Last edited:
Reactions: kei1309

14993697023_7e82188918.jpg
that's 200% better