Golden Egg???

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Getting my dinner on Friday night at the "zi cha" store. Order the expensive deer meat rice, $6.5. Was in the mood of eating an egg, ask for it. The lady told me, egg no more 50 cents, now 70 cents! I says ok too fast but thinks back, it's 40% increase! :sticktong WTH, public transport increase also not that much, really day light robbery. I not going to get from there again, I rather get 10 eggs from shops, cook myself also at 100%cheaper (2 eggs at 70 cents or less) Year 2020, it might be $1.2 per egg. Next time start own hen better, haha!

If you wanted it, don't complain after realizing the price

We not as rich as you mah. Maybe you pays $10 per egg also like drinking water.

Getting my dinner on Friday night at the "zi cha" store. Order the expensive deer meat rice, $6.5. Was in the mood of eating an egg, ask for it. The lady told me, egg no more 50 cents, now 70 cents! I says ok too fast but thinks back, it's 40% increase! :sticktong WTH, public transport increase also not that much, really day light robbery. I not going to get from there again, I rather get 10 eggs from shops, cook myself also at 100%cheaper (2 eggs at 70 cents or less) Year 2020, it might be $1.2 per egg. Next time start own hen better, haha!

It's the norm now. It's either they raise the prices quietly or downsize the portions. And more & more restaurants are starting to charge for tap water. SMRT also just raised taxi fares quietly too.

Just mentally note to yourself & cross out the shops u know are happily ripping u off. Not as it they will survive that long anyway being overpriced.

I've a 'I'll just leave the restaurant if they charge for tap water policy' , for one we are made to pay 10% service charge already. There's been so much talk about that service charge should be:

1. Voluntary
2. Given to the service staff not thrown into the shop's earnings (integrity leh)

And the fact that nothing's been done so far shows how low this is prioritized among the 'grand' scheme of things.

Try ordering eggs in Switzerland! :rolleyes:

Protest with your wallet....boycott the store!

An egg is expensive as from it a big chicken can be made.

The restaurant is charging you the project price of a chicken instead of just the egg.

Just think about eating a chicken whem you eat an egg.:bsmilie:

Protest with your wallet....boycott the store!

Agree... just 'vote' with your wallet.

Case in point... quite a few year back, I was working the morning shift during CNY eve... I when to a coffeeshop noodles store to order my usual... store helper told me they are not selling the $3.50 version, only the $4.50 ones. Reason... CNY Eve (not even noon yet). I refuse to get black-mail by such tactics.. and when to buy a Sandwich from a certain 'Green Color' chain of shop....paid $6.50 for my sandwich... but at least I know the price didn't jump up "because it CNY Eve"...

Never eat from that noodle store again... and that store has since closed shop.

This is the same reason why I'll never buy BBQ Meat for CNY... not when the price difference could be as high as $20++ just "Because It CNY"... No Thanks you, unlike yesteryears of my youth, where eating such things are considered a luxury and you'll only get to eat during CNY... I can afford to eat such things any time of the year... its no longer a "eat one time a year because it CNY"... those days are over. And I refuse to pay festive price for the same item...

The egg travel 1st class on SIA from NZ to SG.
Then the egg take a taxi from Changi to the supermarket at Jurong.
When the chef bought the egg, he travel by bus and MRT.
All the travel expense will be added together and paid by you :bsmilie:

Agree... just 'vote' with your wallet.

Case in point... quite a few year back, I was working the morning shift during CNY eve... I when to a coffeeshop noodles store to order my usual... store helper told me they are not selling the $3.50 version, only the $4.50 ones. Reason... CNY Eve (not even noon yet). I refuse to get black-mail by such tactics.. and when to buy a Sandwich from a certain 'Green Color' chain of shop....paid $6.50 for my sandwich... but at least I know the price didn't jump up "because it CNY Eve"...

Never eat from that noodle store again... and that store has since closed shop.

This is the same reason why I'll never buy BBQ Meat for CNY... not when the price difference could be as high as $20++ just "Because It CNY"... No Thanks you, unlike yesteryears of my youth, where eating such things are considered a luxury and you'll only get to eat during CNY... I can afford to eat such things any time of the year... its no longer a "eat one time a year because it CNY"... those days are over. And I refuse to pay festive price for the same item...

Yup same thing here. Not that I can't afford the extra 20 cents or 1 dollar but by paying the extra, it breeds profiteering.

Few years back, I went to a coffee shop for late night supper close to midnight the day before CNY eve, not the eve but the night before. To my horrors, I was charged an extra dollar more than the listed price because the stall holder explained it was CNY eve (few minutes pass midnight). I said sorry canceling order and never went back again.

Haircut services going to cost more soon because somehow magically it takes more effort to snip hair soon.

Ayuready ? ;)

Haircut services going to cost more soon because somehow magically it takes more effort to snip hair soon.

Ayuready ? ;)

Luckily I keep NS style haircut... been shaving my own head for the last 3+ years... :bsmilie:

Everything has gone up except photography service. :)

A stock photo I used to get $200 for is now only sold for $1.
you bid,
nowadays people don't hire photographers anymore, and don't even need to get a friend to help them,
all they need to do is just look for photographers offering TFCD, there are so many photographers offering TFCD for anything,

Luckily I keep NS style haircut... been shaving my own head for the last 3+ years... :bsmilie:

Haha, soon I'll hear u grumbling shavers ain't cheap. Getting my haircut soon too. Never understood why prices go up for haircuts simply because it's CNY. No value add at all.

you bid,
nowadays people don't hire photographers anymore, and don't even need to get a friend to help them,
all they need to do is just look for photographers offering TFCD, there are so many photographers offering TFCD for anything,

The photographers have to work harder and better.

Work harder I can. But shoot better I got limits leh. :)

you bid, nowadays people don't hire photographers anymore, and don't even need to get a friend to help them, all they need to do is just look for photographers offering TFCD, there are so many photographers offering TFCD for anything,

Something meaningful I just read in a book that lamented:

Nowadays the problem isn't that we lack good photos, the problem is now that due to the availability of camera equipment - we have an overabundance of good photos.

20 years back , carrying a SLR probably will mean one needs a substantial investment. Now everyone can own an SLR and claim to be photographer.

Haha, soon I'll hear u grumbling shavers ain't cheap. Getting my haircut soon too. Never understood why prices go up for haircuts simply because it's CNY. No value add at all.

Ok lah... my $80+ shaver use about a year already... shave every 3 days or so... damn worth already... LOL

Got once, my friend says I so happy over 40 cents rebate (someone forgets the change) as the can drink cost 60 cents. I told him, it's 66% offer! Even small amount of 66% can save you a lot, right?

Actually it all boils down to demand and supply. There'll always be demand for food, hence service providers will always be able to increase prices :)