Going Tokyo, any shops to reccommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximize

Jun 14, 2008
Hi, me going tokyo soon.. heard there is some great 2nd hand camera stores in shinjuku... anyone got any particular shops to recommend so i dun have hunt them down...

me looking for sony mount lens and some accessories lah...

there's a electronics zone in "akihabara". Can take the shinkansen to that place. :) But pls be forewarned, shopping areas in Japan close generally between 8-9pm so try to go down earlier.

Try checking out Yodobashi Camera, :) they have many branches in and around Tokyo, just like the Best Denki here, and their prices are very reasonable, :D if not the cheapest and they have the widest selection of camera equipment if not the most. :thumbsup:

map camera...they have quite a lot of 2nd hand stuff

I think is still better to go for Map camera.. the price is quite Good..!!
Yodobashi is still abit ex and they dont sell 2nd hand camera...

yes.. i heard about mapcamera from a lot of other forumer also... i hv specially choose my hotel at shinjuku for this purpose... some even tell me about to look for shops that is tax free for visitor...

but i heard from some getting the body there might not be a good idea cos the firmware is in jap... i am not that sure... i juz intend to get my second dslr body there and some fast lens... does the mapcamera sells a lot of accessories... i am also looking for some of those "weird" accessories that probably hard to find in singapore... in generally is the accessories (e.g. tripod, flash, etc) izzit cheap there?

yes.. i heard about mapcamera from a lot of other forumer also... i hv specially choose my hotel at shinjuku for this purpose... some even tell me about to look for shops that is tax free for visitor...

but i heard from some getting the body there might not be a good idea cos the firmware is in jap... i am not that sure... i juz intend to get my second dslr body there and some fast lens... does the mapcamera sells a lot of accessories... i am also looking for some of those "weird" accessories that probably hard to find in singapore... in generally is the accessories (e.g. tripod, flash, etc) izzit cheap there?

Shijuku would be a nice place to stay..
and is easy to travel around at shinjuku,

Dont worries about Tax. they have tax refund and if you able to proof it.
Is you getting a DSLR, I think most of them FW able to let you select the language.
but if you just want to buy those PNS... may be only have Japanese.
but there is also PNS with english but you need to pay abit more cos of that.

There are many Weird stuffs around in japan..
I like Yodobashi that have many accessories there...

abt the price... I dont think will be cheap due to the exchange rate now.
since YEN is getting stronger....So may be a bit ex for you to buy in japan.

But just look around... may be you can find some cheap and good stuffs..
hope you have fun visiting here.....

Yodobashi do not offer tax refund, but u can ask for cash rebate.
major dept stores like taka gives tax refund only if the spending is yen10,000 and above, so take note.

map camera tax rebate is on the spot, just bring your passport along

i agree with rubberduck, with the yen rising, there might not be too much saving.
do a little bit of homework on the pricing before going

Status
Not open for further replies.