going to vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRaphael

Feb 23, 2007
Pandan Gardens
i'll be taking off to vietnam somewhere in sept later this year.

i dont know where i'll be going exactly because the school hasnt confirmed it. it'll be mainly a study trip, 10 days. but i believe there'll be some time to visit the places around there.

i was wondering if any of you guys have some tips when shooting in vietnam, whether you have ran into any problems.

also, what kind of weather is it over there?

i was thinking of renting a 1DIII and some lenses cos its weather proof. weight really isnt an issue to me.

i would really appreciate if someone can guide me along

Curious to know why u need to rent a camera for this trip? What's wrong with your existing camera?

Curious to know why u need to rent a camera for this trip? What's wrong with your existing camera?
yea, curious too, lol

anywais, been to Vietnam before. Think kit lens, maybe a 50mm? :D and a light-weight telephoto is enough

just looking for a canon cam which can have higher stops of ISO so that i can use my current lenses as well.

nah, 400iso should be fine. U should look for a cam that is light and small , unless u need a very big raw file. Tips, if u shoot anything near the street, wrap the strap around ur wrist so motorbike snatch thief won't get it. Problem is people some a bit too friendly, some a bit too shy, ha ha. range around 28-35-50 mostly enough. Bring extra batteries.

Weather around this month to october should be raining a bit, but not that bad till need weather proof.

nah, 400iso should be fine. U should look for a cam that is light and small , unless u need a very big raw file. Tips, if u shoot anything near the street, wrap the strap around ur wrist so motorbike snatch thief won't get it. Problem is people some a bit too friendly, some a bit too shy, ha ha. range around 28-35-50 mostly enough. Bring extra batteries.

Weather around this month to october should be raining a bit, but not that bad till need weather proof.

wa ...u seem to have visited many times...when is a good time and place to go for shooting? Me thinking abt a trip later part of the year as well.... any advise? :dunno:

ya ha ha, i'm vietnamese stay in singapore. Place for shooting i think have to go up the north like HaNoi ,Sapa, those highland in the north. Weather quite rainy so bring plastic bag to cover ur cam , travel light cause need to walk a lot unless u take taxi or those motorbike taxi which may lose a lot of chance for street shoot. And of course thief target large dslr user, local photography forum report quite a few cases.

will be following with a school tour, shouldnt think there will be a problem..

not really sure which part i will be going to. will update the moment i know it. =D

thanks guys.

I just returned from a trip to Northern Vietnam - Hanoi and Sapa. Beautiful place, but Hanoi was very hot, I was sweating buckets, and that's just from standing still!

Sapa was a nice experience - but it involved lots of trekking along mountain paths, so it's advisable to travel light. I would recommend a good superzoom for versatility - there are lots of shots that you might have missed if you were changing lens ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.