Going to the Zoo, is 28-105mm enuf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plinius

May 22, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi all,

planning to go to the zoo next week, is 28-105mm enuf? or i need longer lens?

thanks.............

Rgds...........

plinius said:
hi all,

planning to go to the zoo next week, is 28-105mm enuf? or i need longer lens?

thanks.............

Rgds...........

Think you should have a 300mm zoom at least.

depends on what you are intending to snap :D

It all depend on what you want to take. Let say those bigs animal in the open enclosure, a 200-300 range might be better. For those in the closed ones, it just nice enough. the trick is how near you can go to shoot them before the MFD(Mininum Focuing Distance) kick in.

Well just go and take a look.

Thanks for all the reply, guess i am out of range and budget at the moment, so have to make do........... :confused:

Bluestrike said:
It all depend on what you want to take. Let say those bigs animal in the open enclosure, a 200-300 range might be better. For those in the closed ones, it just nice enough. the trick is how near you can go to shoot them before the MFD(Mininum Focuing Distance) kick in.

Well just go and take a look.

You can always take at the LARGREST resolution then crop.. :D

plinius said:
Thanks for all the reply, guess i am out of range and budget at the moment, so have to make do........... :confused:

hahaha....... 105mm really too short.... I was using 135 and found that my subject occupy only like 1/8 of the frame only..... actually dun dump the 28-105 cos good for the animal shows.... can change your framing easily and quickly... go for those shows lor.. u really can get up close and personal with the animals... but of course limited animals only lar..

Bring at least a 300mm zoom lens
and most of the time you will be using that.

But 300mm is still got enough for the orang utans.
They are just too far.

You can take a look at my zoo shots

http://www.imagestation.com/members/mythx

plinius said:

Don't feel low, take some nice snaps of the kids laughters, people, street candids, etc instead. :)

Maybe you can bring some bananas, meat and stuff and make the animals come closer? :D

When you can't get to them, make them come to you :bsmilie:

Just trying to lighten things up :D

akane said:
Bring at least a 300mm zoom lens
and most of the time you will be using that.

But 300mm is still got enough for the orang utans.
They are just too far.

You can take a look at my zoo shots

http://www.imagestation.com/members/mythx

Go for the jungle breakfast. Can get right up close to 2 of the urang utans as well as a yellow python. Also breakfast not half bad either! Good time to shoot as well cos it's in the morning and light is fairly soft.

blurblock said:
get a tele-extender

I thought a convertor would be better... or are we talking of the same thing? :dunno:

HelmetBox said:
Maybe you can bring some bananas, meat and stuff and make the animals come closer? :D

erm.......pls don't do that.....
pls don't feed the animals kay? :nono:
may do more harm without realizing it....
hope you are just kidding.....

swimcraze said:
erm.......pls don't do that.....
pls don't feed the animals kay? :nono:
may do more harm without realizing it....
hope you are just kidding.....

OF COURSE I'M KIDDING! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.