Going to taiwan, need drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Hi all,

I'll be going to taiwan next week for about a month and I was wondering do i need to make a DIY drybox to put the equipment along?
Even though it's going to be winter, a friend of mine told me that humidity is still quite high over there.
Any thoughts?

Actually I find there is no need. Was there for a month during the humid summer without dry box and the camera was fine. Any way it depends on where you will be most of the time and where you intend to bring your camera to. I was in air conditioned places quite a bit and the worst place I took my camera to was a mountain top.

if go every where need to bring dry box than better keep camera at home .

If you're so panicked, better sell of your DSLR and all expensive equipment and stick to cheap PnS cams. :p

A DSLR is just a camera... Like all cameras, it's meant to be used to take pictures with, not cuddled in bed every night. :)

Fungus thrive in the dark and manifest only after a period of non exposure to uv.. so as long as your lenses sees the sun once every few days, no fungus will grow.

Fungus usually grow once people come back from a long trip, put the camera in one corner and not touching it for ages..

Status
Not open for further replies.