going to singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

alikishi

Aug 30, 2004
Philippines
Hi guys,

Im alikishi a Filipino faculty of the Ateneo de Manila University. I will be having a long deserved break in teaching in Singapore from January 19 to 24 and would like to ask singaporeans here in ClubSnap an itenerary of some sort :) Of course I would also be meeting with some of my friends who are working there so I don't have the whole 4/5 days...

Here's what I have gathered so far...

1) Sentosa
2) Esplanade

can you guys give me ideas where to go to? I'll be bringing my camera so i'd love to see the scenic areas of singapore :)

thank you very much!

you may wana visit chinatown during your short trip in singapore. base on the dates that you mention in your post, it's the best time to take a walk around chinatown.

but be prepared that the place will be extremely crowded due to the chinese lunar new year festive seasons.

Arab Street and Kampong Glam area also ... heritage for Arab and malay community. Try their middle east food there ...... nice !

and bringing a camera and shooting around is allowed right? Here in the Philippines, you can't even shoot scenes in the street as you may be construed as a terrorist... hehehe

alikishi said:
and bringing a camera and shooting around is allowed right? Here in the Philippines, you can't even shoot scenes in the street as you may be construed as a terrorist... hehehe
No problem, bring in your guns and shoot away! Lock and load! :)

if you want to explore more about local singporean culture, u might wanna explore places like coffeshops that are scattered all around singapore. try the local delicacies, which are quite diverse.

you can also take a walk amongst the community hubs at different mrt stations, to see the life of the people in the heartlands during weekends, example places like clementi, ang mo kio, etc etc etc. you can see many interesting facets of singaporeans like long queues of people buying "toto" or "singapore pool", people chatting in singlish, birdshops, this and that.

take a walk along orchard road and experience the massive consumer culture of the cosmopolitan singaporeans.

for a variety of nightlife in spore u may wanna visit clarke quay or geylang (some parts are interesting red light districts). dunno whether durian season is in, there r quite alot of durian shops in geylang.

pulau ubin, an island north of singapore, may be a good place to visit because there are still some glimpses of rural singapore there. some rare remnants of village life. (heard poultry were removed cos of bird flu though)

if you are interested in thrilling "haunted" places, you may also wanna check out these places at http://www.spi.com.sg

those are just a few places i can think of at the moment

oh, and if u r above 21 u may wanna experience how it feels like to watch some chinese r(a) movie at an old cinema near pearl centre in outram, amidst middle age + uncles. i havent went there, but i tihnk it'd be a refreshing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.