Not open for further replies.

locksley

Jan 26, 2004
Central Area
Going to Shanghai on Back pack.

Any tips or experiences to share with me ? :embrass:

THanks
Locksley

go to the media tower 9gr8 view), xiang yang shi chang (open air market)
go to the fameous teahouse (dunno the name, ask others or the hotel u r staying.. the teahouse with a lake)

check out some of my china photos in my siggy.. hee hee

You can go to the "80,000 people stadium" (Shanghai Stadium) and take day tour from there. They have tour to many other places nearby Shanghai, mostly 1-3 days type.
Other than thoes stated, can visit Yuyuan Garden, Go to People's Sq and walk along Nanjing Road and see The Bund, Xintiandi, many temples etc.

Belle&Sebastain said:
if got ppl ask you to lend them your handphones, please ignore them.

I ignore people here too :)

if some kids came and tell u that he got no father / no mother...
nothing to eat...

also ignore them.. ;)

Becareful when walking along Nanking road and girls come and ask you for time etc, also ignore them.

Dennis said:
Becareful when walking along Nanking road and girls come and ask you for time etc, also ignore them.

Hahaha....experienced this last week...... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I was staying along Nanjing Lu and righ otuside the hotel is the street......each time come out of the hotel ...kenna harrass...

Nanjing Lu is very colorful in the evening.....and Shnaghai is a GRRRREat!!! place for street photog.

As for on the way back from Shanghai....i would recommend you to visit one the largest Camera plaza in Shanghai. Good bargain for photographic stuff.
Its located opposite the Shanghai Railway station.

(Tips by ShanghaiShah - a CS member living in Shanghai)
the place is Hong Long shopping Complex, located diagonally across and to the right of Shanghai Main Railway Station ( that is when you're facing the main entrance ). If you take the MRT, it will be exit 4 - this comes up directly below the building.........

Cheap Bags, tripods and others........lens also...

rgds,
Sulhan

Cool Sulhan !!
THanks

Wondering if u got any maps to share :p

locksley said:
Seem like got many ppl to ignore there :(

yup cos ppl there keep poaching on you, just ignore if anyone ask you out boy/girl, you end up feeling sorry for yourself. just go enjoy yourself there.

Edify said:
go to the media tower 9gr8 view), xiang yang shi chang (open air market)
go to the fameous teahouse (dunno the name, ask others or the hotel u r staying.. the teahouse with a lake)

check out some of my china photos in my siggy.. hee hee

agree that the tower may offer great view... but u also have to pay $$ and queue wth others to get in...

alternatively for a great view of the city is to go to hyatt hotel at jing mao tower... there's a lounge at 58th floor (if not mistaken) and offers u the same spectacular city view... best of all, you get to sit in the comfy sofas, relax ambience... and the money for the entrance fee to the tower could've bought your drinks at the lounge :D

wilis128 said:
agree that the tower may offer great view... but u also have to pay $$ and queue wth others to get in...

alternatively for a great view of the city is to go to hyatt hotel at jing mao tower... there's a lounge at 58th floor (if not mistaken) and offers u the same spectacular city view... best of all, you get to sit in the comfy sofas, relax ambience... and the money for the entrance fee to the tower could've bought your drinks at the lounge :D

COOL !!!!
Must try !!

in my mind: (order by high priority)

人民广场 (city hall is also there, lots of things to view)
外滩
南京路(very near to 人民广场,walking distance)
城隍庙 a collection of market,temple and park, lots of food, but crowd must queue for buying.

if you have time, then
八万人体育场

no matter how many time you have
never go to 浦东,just stay at 外滩 shoot or watch 浦东 ;p

Wow! have an enjoyable trip! :)

never go to 浦东

y leh??

dangerous ?

Btw how to get to han zhuo from shanghai ? ;)

shanghai is bascially a very easy place to navigate around
go to our national library to borrow some guidebooks.
As for getting to hangzhou, try getting a train ticket yourself.
if you are adventurous, try their buses. they have day trips offered by various tours group.

If you are a book lover, go to Fuzhou road.. theyhave many BIG bookstores there

If you are looking for pubs, try the stretch at Urumuqi road or Gu Bei area.

If you need to shop for fake goods, try xiang yang shi chang

If you need to feel at home, go to raffles city in Shanghai.

if you need to book hotels, try www.elong.com.cn or ww.ctrip.com.cn
the hotel bookings never failed me while i was there for 24 days recently :)

Last butnot least, enjoy your trip!

how cheap are the photog stuff there compared to here in sin? and are the warranty local or international??

I will be staying at this 'Xin Kai Fu' hotel
somewhere at 'Shi chuan rd' there

Any recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.