Going to sell my FZ20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkertR

Hi guys,
it looks like i might be selling my FZ20 that I purchased in late october this year. If you're interested the price is negotiable, though I've sorta set the price to begin at $1150 for the following items - condition is MINT - no wear/tear, shutter count at present is 2700. All items less than 2 months old!:

FZ20 Camera (Black) and original accessories (if you want the box i have it)
- lens hood
- adapter
- original software
- original battery
- original charger
- original neck strap
- manual
- warranty card (filled up)
- 16mb SD Card (Panasonic)
- Panasonic Blue Case

Extras
- Hoya UV Filter
- 72mm Lens Cap
- Spare battery
- 512mb SD Card (Kingston)
- Lowepro Nova 2 AW Bag (New)
- Slik Sprint Pro GM Tripod (Black)
- Bower QR Plate/Shoe
- Suntax 328DTZ External Flash
- Home-made bounce card (velcro to flash)
- Set of 4 2300maH Rechargeable Batteries for the Flash (brand new in case)

If you think that it's a good deal, do message me. If you think it's too steep, just post and I'll do my best to revise the price :) - PM me. I'm not putting this on the Buy/Sell yet as I wanna give the pana forum guys a chance at it :) cheers~

Parker`tR

why u selling it? :dunno: its such a good cam. its rather discouraging for new owner like me... :(

zenman49 said:
why u selling it? :dunno: its such a good cam. its rather discouraging for new owner like me... :(

Agree with Zenman49. The prospective buyer would probably like to know the reason why you are selling it since it is in mint condition. I am not offering (already got one) but I feel that the asking price is a little bit too close to the new equipment's price, altho' you throw in freebies n the price is negotiable. Just my 2 cts. :think:

hi bro's~ i'm facing major framing problems when i take indoor shots with the FZ20, especially when using my external flash unit.

on manual - the evf/lcd turns really dark with the external flash unit on - u can't frame your picture in low light.

on aperture/shutter priority - you can see your subject pretty clearly but the image lags, not helping much when you're framing a moving subject.

on program - you can see the subject, it lags a little too and you dont have control over the aperture and shutter settings.

that's the dilemma that I'm in right now. I'm still using the camera to shoot night shots but I'd like to move to something that'll ease my problem.

This problem is almost non-existant when using your internal flash unit though...

Hope this clears it up! I love this camera - it takes SUPURB portraits during daytime and in a studio setting but for night photography... event coverage n stuff... i need something that can let me frame my subject with more ease. mmm

any comments?

im also... looking for either

EOS 300 D
D 70

or some older models... if you guys have lobang :) please!! hehe and if you're interested in the camera PM me :D

Oly E10/E20 -- they're slow but they get the job done :S

Ya, i have to use other camera to cover night shots.

ParkertR said:
hi bro's~ i'm facing major framing problems when i take indoor shots with the FZ20, especially when using my external flash unit.

on manual - the evf/lcd turns really dark with the external flash unit on - u can't frame your picture in low light.

on aperture/shutter priority - you can see your subject pretty clearly but the image lags, not helping much when you're framing a moving subject.

on program - you can see the subject, it lags a little too and you dont have control over the aperture and shutter settings.

that's the dilemma that I'm in right now. I'm still using the camera to shoot night shots but I'd like to move to something that'll ease my problem.

This problem is almost non-existant when using your internal flash unit though...

Hope this clears it up! I love this camera - it takes SUPURB portraits during daytime and in a studio setting but for night photography... event coverage n stuff... i need something that can let me frame my subject with more ease. mmm

any comments?

This looks like a very frank explanation. Anyone who rarely use the features highlighted by ParkertR should try to help him out. :think:

hi. how about trying another flash?

rgds.

grkaplh said:
hi. how about trying another flash?

rgds.

Hi bro :) It's not a flash issue - if panasonic had made hotshoe that supported TTL metering i think it wouldnt be so much of a problem on manual mode. but the EVF jumping around (being choppy and dim) has nothing to do with the flash. Please note that it only happens in REALLY REALLY LOW light situations. The kind where in normal exposure w/o flash, u'll need a F/2.8 & at least a 1/2second exposure or more to get a decent picture.

merry christmas!

ParkertR said:

any comments?

Understand where you are coming from.... have the same problems when using the external flash. The best I can do is switch to shutter /aperture priority. The worst comes when you are trying to frame your subject in darkness, the EVF and LCD are rendered useless under the circumstances.

If only Panasonic would do something about this thru a firmware upgrade. :cry:

ParkertR said:
yeah... if only panasonic would do somehting about htis with a new firmware upgrade... that would be fantastic
Pls do a proper buy and sell at the buy and sell forum if you really wan to sell. If not pls start another tread to discuss the camera in question.

Thanks you for your co-operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.