going to Mars, need your advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
NASA got a competition and I won myself to Mars. Anyone been there before? any advises?

Thanks.

very funny :nono:

I wonder if dSLRs even work at that altitude and pressure :bsmilie:

NASA got a competition and I won myself to Mars. Anyone been there before? any advises?

Try some insect macros. Wear sunscreen. Don't feed the monkeys.
Be careful where you step, don't ruin the solar panels of other shooters charging their batteries.

And be alert for alien life. :bsmilie:

See if they're kind enough to give u a ride to their planet :sweatsm:

I wonder if dSLRs even work at that altitude and pressure :bsmilie:

Altitude? Pressure? It's not outerspace, it's another planet. It has an atmosphere and it has a surface.. And it has 2 moons.

hmm... i haven't been there myself... but you could ask entropy if you could borrow his D∞X :think: It'll surely tahan the incredible environment there :bigeyes:

Regards,
Trent

thanks, btw shall i bring my 50-500mm?

Remember to send us pictures of our blue Earth. Anyway, I don't think this topic is relevant for the Newbies Corner. Someone should move it to a more relevant subforum.

Last edited:
Altitude? Pressure? It's not outerspace, it's another planet. It has an atmosphere and it has a surface.. And it has 2 moons.

The atmospheric pressure at the Mars surface is equal to the atmospheric pressure at 16km altitude on Earth :)

remember to bring lighter if you smoke... it pretty hard to wait for lighting over there i guess...

oh yes... if u really going to Mars. dun bring a pen.... use a pencil.

Use the Hasselblad they designed for NASA space missions of course.

hmm... i haven't been there myself... but you could ask entropy if you could borrow his D∞X :think: It'll surely tahan the incredible environment there :bigeyes:

Regards,
Trent

Confirm can borrow him. I took it to the Sun before, and it withstood the temperatures and what not.

But to be honest, I think that since you have spent all this money on your camera gear, there's no point bringing it along. What happens if you drop it? (OK, I guess it will float since the gravitational pull isn't as strong). But what if you step on it? Leave it behind? Isn't your gear more important than taking pictures?

But if you really insist on bringing your camera to mars, I suggest you get a good bag for it. Then make sure you get a protective cover for that bag because you don't want your bag getting dirty. Then make sure you get a protective cover for the protective cover which covers your bag which protects your camera since you don't want the protective cover which covers your bag which protects your camera to get dirty or wet.

That's all.

custom built D2X has been there.
so just bring batt and recover the ones left on the decommissioned several mars rovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.