going to Mars, need your advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Congrates!! You'll have a ball of a time there!!

Just my 2 ct worth of a typical space mission,

you'll need 6 months worth of toliet paper....no. make that wet wipes. 6 months of programme to keep one mind occupy, food supply (ba kua incl.) lots of aluminum wrap rolls (to protect your cams from frying solar radiation .....x 2 for yourself!)..lots of calcuim anlele milk powder, spare cam body and lens....(make it 10 set! cause the nearest hareware store is 6 months worth of journey.Nasa had purchased the 48 nikon set of D2XS, 225 En-el4a batteries!! go check http://www.dslrphoto.com/2007/08/05/nasa-purchases-76-nikon-d2xs-dslr-cameras/)

plenty of SD/CF etc cards .4 laptops, 180 G hardisk, x 10 500G external hardisk unless you wanna download to your photo album. that will take 20 minutes to reach earth. ...(but hey you got all the time in the world (i mean mars!) give up smoking,give up drinking if u can (if you u)........

Phew! some camping trip huh?

Have a safe trip!

remember ....in space, no one will hear your scream!!!.....

Resistance is futile...

Come to the darkside...

Luke I am your father...

Thats wonderful! Are you on the same flight as me?

Mine is flight CS881, leaving on wednesday time 0000, I'm still trying to figure out if that means tuesday or wednesday midnight.:think:

Can't talk now, need to pack, I heard they don't have any reputable camera shops over there, and I don't think they will take kindly to my request of turning back halfway should I forget to pack something.

Don't know tripod need to check in or not.

I'll be seeing you.......

in kopitiam.

Last edited:
Brg some models there for TFCD shoot :):):)

mars is the most suitable planet to stay compare to other planets. that is why the world and NASA is so interested in Mars :

check this out , it looks almost as Earth but water is a problem...hence I need to bring "more" water...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars

Honestly I have never been there myself but heard that it can be pretty dusty,
so bring loads of cleaning equip.
Do rem to post your pic after your trip. :bsmilie:

Hi Congrates!! You'll have a ball of a time there!!

Just my 2 ct worth of a typical space mission,

you'll need 6 months worth of toliet paper....no. make that wet wipes. 6 months of programme to keep one mind occupy, food supply (ba kua incl.) lots of aluminum wrap rolls (to protect your cams from frying solar radiation .....x 2 for yourself!)..lots of calcuim anlele milk powder, spare cam body and lens....(make it 10 set! cause the nearest hareware store is 6 months worth of journey.Nasa had purchased the 48 nikon set of D2XS, 225 En-el4a batteries!! go check http://www.dslrphoto.com/2007/08/05/nasa-purchases-76-nikon-d2xs-dslr-cameras/)

plenty of SD/CF etc cards .4 laptops, 180 G hardisk, x 10 500G external hardisk unless you wanna download to your photo album. that will take 20 minutes to reach earth. ...(but hey you got all the time in the world (i mean mars!) give up smoking,give up drinking if u can (if you u)........

Phew! some camping trip huh?

Have a safe trip!

remember ....in space, no one will hear your scream!!!.....

hmmm. no need to give up drinking... i heard there's a drinking place there...
called mars bar...

Thats a good one!!

Ya ya order in your best james bond voice " martini (Beep!) ...shaken, not stired (beep!)"

And the Mars lander, separated from the main rocket which was launched 6 hours ago from Earth's Newbie's Corner, has landed safely on Martian's Kopitiam...

Last edited:
please bring solar charger for all your batt needs, i think there got no AC. :bsmilie: dust might be a problem, i think you need vacuum seals for all your photographic gears.

think NASA got request to build their own lenses .... ;p

hmm... i haven't been there myself... but you could ask entropy if you could borrow his D∞X :think: It'll surely tahan the incredible environment there :bigeyes:

Regards,
Trent

dead horse >>>>> d∞X

period

proven and tested

100% confident or 30 day money back guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.