Going to Malacca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Hi folks,

just want to check besides the Makota Hotel, which hotel is nice to stay at Malacca? Budget is below S$100 per night and must be accessible and near to the usual attractions.

TIA. :)

Baba House ...cheap and good... behind Jonker street...all accesss...near chicken riceballs!

bring me there...i know where is the place...

Thank you for your suggestions. My friend wants to bring his girlfriend there for a short trip and wants a nice ambience hotel. As they don't drive, guess will have to be near Christ Church like what bro Megaweb has suggested.

LotusFairy - for us, we can stay at the Baba House and whack all the chicken rice balls we want, but don't think my friend and his GF is into that.

Any other nice hotels in particular to recommend? Think they want somewhere near the attractions and some shopping as well.

Thanks folks. :)

Thank you for your suggestions. My friend wants to bring his girlfriend there for a short trip and wants a nice ambience hotel. As they don't drive, guess will have to be near Christ Church like what bro Megaweb has suggested.

LotusFairy - for us, we can stay at the Baba House and whack all the chicken rice balls we want, but don't think my friend and his GF is into that.

Any other nice hotels in particular to recommend? Think they want somewhere near the attractions and some shopping as well.

Thanks folks. :)

Baba House is near to Christ Church and also other tourist places. Chicken rice balls is 1 of the Malacca favorite food and of course you find more nice food like nonya dishes nearby.

Not sure about shopping ...but Malacca has many nice history places.

Baba House ...cheap and good... behind Jonker street...all accesss...near chicken riceballs!

bring me there...i know where is the place...

Baba House is the street parallel to Jln Hang Jebat where the weekend night bazaar is. There is a boutique hotel, Puri Hotel, on the same street as Baba House. Very beautifully restored old Peranakan house converted into a hotel. In a brightly lighted inner hall, u can see swifts (the type that create birdnest) building their nest at the edge of the ceiling.

The chicken rice balls in Jonker street is for tourist. The locals will go to a little shop in the Mahkota area called Heng's Chicken Rice. Ask around, a local will surely know. Really nice soup that accompanies it as well. oooohh hungry leow just thinking about it.

Anyone keen to organise one trip ourselves...maybe just 4 pple...rent a car at JB, drive there lor...BAbahouse has a private carpark to park guest car FREE....:angel:

I knew lah..I was there last year...:bsmilie:

u can consider Aldy Hotel right beside the St Paul Hill, clean n nice, walking distance to the jonker street, i stay there for all my working trip.

they serve juicy steak in bamboo hut downstair, the best in melaka.

Found that there is a Emperor Hotel. Anyone has been there before. Is it good?

Dodgy and out of the way. Emperor hotel is nearer to Renaissance and City Bayview area. Not near the main historical sites.

Dodgy and out of the way. Emperor hotel is nearer to Renaissance and City Bayview area. Not near the main historical sites.

Still not too bad and within walking distance, lah. I stayed at Renaissance Hotel on my last trip and walked to the night market without any problem. Take your time and walk (about 1km) to the nearby historical site. If you are on a holiday, take your time and there is no need to rush.

Thanks for all the help bros. My friend has decided to stay at The Aldy Hotel. Hope he enjoys his trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.