Going to Korea - what's good to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

daphz

Apr 19, 2004
I heard that memory cards are cheaper in Korea. Anyone bought before? Is it true?

What about P&S ultra-compact digital cameras? Would I get a better bargain there than in sg?

thanx... :)

Land of the Canons EF 200/1.8Ls

See if you can bring about 10 of these beauties back.

wow korea have lots of good stuff.
U can buy Dry Squid (super nice), Cosmectics, clothes ;)... buy a container of Kimchi back lor.
when cook maggie mee put in some.. is super nice ;D

jaix said:
I'm will also be travelling to Korea during mid oct... wondering where would be a good place to eat local snacks?
do you know what ARE the local/famous snacks that we can bring back home?

PS: Kimchi too hot for me!

I just came back from Korea ! ! ! Buy those collectable items of Korean soap operas like the necklaces and rings... Then sell them to our singapore fans... EXAMPLES: "Winter Sonata" and "Stairway to heaven" stuff

Wait... there are alot of Kimchi variation... different region have their own style, not all kimchi taste nice....:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

daphz said:
do you know what ARE the local/famous snacks that we can bring back home?

PS: Kimchi too hot for me!

Paiseh... I'm not too sure what ARE the local/famous snacks that can be brought back... just thinking of eating there only... :bsmilie:

Gotta try the Korean watermelons from Cheju. Yummilicious! The fruits cost about $15-$30 each but well worth every dollar.

Terence said:
Gotta try the Korean watermelons from Cheju. Yummilicious! The fruits cost about $15-$30 each but well worth every dollar.

What so special about this watermelon from Cheju island?

Anyway, you guys should try Pear from Ulsan, taste good. :thumbsup:

scanner said:
What so special about this watermelon form Cheju island?

Anyway, you guys should try Pear from Ulsan, taste good. :thumbsup:

Extra juicy, extra sweet, tastes like 3 regular watermelons in one... dunno how else to put it. Some farmers even have pictures of themselves on their fruits.

MUST BUY FOR ME

1) Ginseng
2) CARTONS of instant raman !!! mmm surps ;p

maybe u can do a MO for special imported raman ! i can eat this for 1 whole week 3 meals a day :thumbsup:

Apples and girls from Daegu!
There's a saying that girls from Daegu have rosy cheeks cos of all the apple they eat!;) If you are looking for authentic Korean art and handicraft ( not those cheap tourist items and souvenirs, you can try the Insadong district in Seoul. Some of the shops cater to tourists but there are some really good antique, handicraft and artwork shops there.

If you are more into trendy stuff like fashion, Myeongdong is good for shopping. Many big departmental stores as well as small retail shopfronts. Right now, they are having the annual Myeongdong festival every weekend until Oct 9. Lotsa of fashion shows, mini-concerts and parades. Another place where young people hang out is Sinchon, they have lotsa pubs, restaurants, hobbies shops, art galleries and photo studios there. You can get some really creative photo art there.

And you really can't find anything else to buy, at least the ginseng is good!^^

Status
Not open for further replies.