Going to JB


Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

New Member
May 25, 2004
201
0
0
#1
Hi, a group of us are going to JB for shopping. Can you guys recommend where to go to have good food? Local food preferably.
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#2
Grub said:
Hi, a group of us are going to JB for shopping. Can you guys recommend where to go to have good food? Local food preferably.
Taman Sentosa, can shop also.
 

Grub

New Member
May 25, 2004
201
0
0
#3
Thank you, is that like a shopping centre?
 

fotoudavid

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2005
2,158
3
38
#4
bye bye, remember come back hor!!!!!!
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#5
Grub said:
Thank you, is that like a shopping centre?
No, but got many thing to buy and the price is cheaper than holiday inn..:thumbsup:
 

nyxx88

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2004
2,092
0
0
#6
Depends on what you want to buy. If you not too fussy about food... you can go Holiday Plaza, got food court & some eateries upstairs -- plus got air-con too.

You can get groceries & tons of DVDs there too ;p .
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#7
nyxx88 said:
Depends on what you want to buy. If you not too fussy about food... you can go Holiday Plaza, got food court & some eateries upstairs -- plus got air-con too.

You can get groceries & tons of DVDs there too ;p .
DVD or VCD all kena raid liao. Has been close for week already.
Groceries Sentosa is cheaper..:sweat: :lovegrin:
 

nyxx88

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2004
2,092
0
0
#8
Wah... really ah?:bigeyes: I know they get 'raided' from time to time, but so serious this time that they are closed for 1 week?? Because, they usually have inside info on raids & close before the actual 'raid' begins.
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#9
nyxx88 said:
Wah... really ah?:bigeyes: I know they get 'raided' from time to time, but so serious this time that they are closed for 1 week?? Because, they usually have inside info on raids & close before the actual 'raid' begins.
Sorry this is almost 3 week liao, the door was even cut by chain saw.., Kena empty liao now must go futher north for the DVD or VCD if you want to try your luck with the custom here.:lovegrin:
 

weg

New Member
Jul 10, 2002
660
0
0
38
WSSS
www.kelvinseow.com
#10
is taman sentosa far from the checkpoint? take cab there how much?

so far the only place i noe is City square:embrass:
 

amospi

New Member
May 5, 2005
658
0
0
#11
weg said:
is taman sentosa far from the checkpoint? take cab there how much?

so far the only place i noe is City square:embrass:
10 minutes ride.:lovegrin:
 

nyxx88

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2004
2,092
0
0
#12
Haven't taken cab there for a few months liow. Last time took cab from town to Holiday Plaza was RM 6.00.

Suggest that you walk to the bus stop next to Komtar to take taxi. If you take near the checkpoint, you may get fleeced.
 

Ah_Seng

New Member
Apr 8, 2003
1,360
0
0
Land of the woods........
#13
Ya man.....went there two weeks ago.....inside the "secret chamber", almost all shelves empty.

Was told "wind is blowing very strongly nowadays in Holiday Plaza".
 

dennisc

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2002
2,026
2
38
Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
#14
if ur into shopping for cheap stuffs, then its giant, best mart, safe mart, kip mart, etc. Which btw, best mart's pet shop is really fun, all kinds of exotic animals monkeys, chipmunks, prairie dogs, seahorse, crayfish, lemmings, gekkos, starfish, box fish, badgers, puppies, snakes even skunks!.
for hip clothes, haircuts, etc like far east, u can goto holiday plaza. vcds, cdroms easier to get it just outside JB customs the shop beside the bridge. same price.
otherwise just stick to the shopping complex just outside the customs + backlane food. it's good enough esp the ramly burger(stay away fr the one just outside jb customs, sucks), bbq rayfish, etc.
If u want real live seafood u can head to gelang patah kampung (Saujana, Yeo's family not so good, sentosa, etc), v fresh esp the oysters. I go there a lot, like tomorrow.
btw jb customs --> holiday plaza should cost around RM5-6 and no more! otherwise
haggle a lot.
 

razor

Senior Member
May 3, 2003
1,743
0
0
11
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
#15
To eat: go to "Singgah Selalu Restaurant" or Danau Bay. Its about 10 mins after Lido beach. Happening place esp at night. Got Seesha to puff too! Great food with good beach like ambience.
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
47
Last planet from the sun
#16
razor said:
To eat: go to "Singgah Selalu Restaurant" or Danau Bay. Its about 10 mins after Lido beach. Happening place esp at night. Got Seesha to puff too! Great food with good beach like ambience.
Eh.....I tot you only go for Ramly Burger in JB?:bsmilie:
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#17
Karyinn said:
Hi Guys,

Do you know if the Shops in Holiday INN still close?
Still BIG WIND?
If you are thinking of getting the DVD or VCD there, better think twice. Not easy to get thru the Singapore Custom.:nono: Even for ladies.
 

redstorm

New Member
Oct 29, 2002
456
0
0
Hougang
Visit site
#18
razor said:
To eat: go to "Singgah Selalu Restaurant" or Danau Bay. Its about 10 mins after Lido beach. Happening place esp at night. Got Seesha to puff too! Great food with good beach like ambience.

Bro, it's called Danga Bay. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom